The weather

michele

michele - 2007-07-20 11:30 PM Hows it doing up north lads& lasses any better tonight ?

Just more rain and floods in areas already affected up here int north.Some people are saying it might be up to 16-18 months before they can move back into their homes properly.

Thai

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following the weather reports for the UK, and pretty grim reading it makes.

My sympathies go out to all of you who have had problems with flooding and now, apparently, the transport infrastructure is taking a battering too.

In Antequera, it is a reasonable 80 degrees because of it's altitude, but down on the coast it's pushing 90.

Hopefully all of you who are escaping south will travel safely and enjoy!

Thanks Dave & Don . I have to say its not to bad here and although they told us we would have 2 months rain in only 2 days it is trying hard to let the sun shine inbetween the rain which is reallylittle downpours.

I am now off to look at the sites that you ahve both suggested ;-)

Got back from the War & Peace Show in Beltring Kent, Went down Wed had to come home Sat dinner, 18" of mud!!!! but then what do you expect with war machines on the move!!!! Fantastic show/event but a lack of m-o-p, Weather did spoil the event which was a shame as they had worked hard with the displays they put on. Great bands on though in the beer tent at night. 

michele - 2007-07-22 3:51 PM Wayne glad you had a nice time. The weather here today is sunny and hot . Hot enough to get into the pool . it wont last but they say dont write off the summer as yet ..here's hoping .

since we have got back it hasn't stoped raining!!!!

do you think its us?

Thinking quite selfishly now what about the Malvern show in just under three weeks time? Malvern being smack in the middle(ish) of one of the worst hit areas could Warners have a repeat of the Lincoln showground to deal with?

Thinking on a less personal level I cannot imagine what these poor people are going through, their houses, cars, caravans etc are all under water. On the radio this morning it was reported that local builders surveying the damage have said it will likely be the middle of next year before some people will be able to get back into their homes to live.

Richard Hammond, of Top Gear fame, apparently abandoned his car and ran sixteen miles through the floods to get back home in time for his daughter's birthday.

Tewkesbury is currently an island!

Boy am I glad I live at 600 feet above sea level!

D.

Archived