Truma Combi 6E Combustion motor fault

TheBoirs

Hi there hope someone can help me.

We were away in our van ( 2010 Adria Coral S680 ST )at the weekend and all was working fine with the heating and hot water. We were on EHU only. However on returning to the van on the last night there was a red Error LED on the rotary control for the heating and water. Prior to returning to the van there was a power cut so not sure if this has caused the issue.

I have tried the boiler on heating only, hot water only and heating and water both on Electric and gas but the problem is still there. The fault code is s,s,s,s,s,l,l,s ( #06 ) and the Trauma site says that this is Combustion Motor current high.

I have tried doing a hard reset, checked the fuses, checked the external vent, motor seems to turn freely. Is there anything else worth trying before i get into removing the motor assembly ? A replacement assembly seems to be around £280 which is a lot of money if its not that.

TIA

Paul

A table of Combi 4/6 'flash codes' can be viewed here

https://www.dometicrvcentre.com.au/documentmanager/item/139

The fault that provokes flash code s,s,s,s,s,l,l,s ( #06 ) is described as 

Current for combustion air motor too high. Combustion air motor or cable harness defective.

The following 'actions' are advised

1: Check / replace combustion air motor

2: Check / replace cable harness of combustion air motor

3: Replace electronic PCB

Presumably, if Action 1 is ineffective, one tries Action 2 and - if Action 1 and 2 doesn't cure the fault - then try replacing the PCB.

I can't think of anything more you can do without following the Actions sequence. If you are going to DIY the issue, It would be wise to confirm that the combustion air motor is indeed the culprit before purchasing a replacement. Your Combi 6E is 13 years old and Truma air/water combination heaters have a chequered history where PCB failure is concerned.

Hi Derek

Thankyou for your response. I have looked at the fault code list. I think with what I have tried so far the next step is to remove motor assembly and check it before purchasing a new one.

Hopefully I can get that sorted at the weekend.

Paul

• 9 months later...

Hi

As many Motorhomers  have these fault codes on the Combi 6E over this winter .I am wondering did replacing the combustion air Motor and board solve your issue ? Without replacing the PCB or cable harness

Regards