Paul o Grady Thread

John52

Since the original thread has been massacred and frozen without explanation I will have to start another one to say there is a special edition of Lily Savage Blankety Blank on BBC1 at 19.00 today, replacing the advertised programme.

The earlier "RIP Paul o Grady" thread originated by John52 was neither 'massacred' nor 'frozen'. The 2nd posting within the thread was 'hidden' by Moderator Keithl as it was blatantly confrontational and then the usual suspects began their tedious traditional in-fighting. I transferred the complete thread to the Admin Quarantine Forum (the Out&AboutLive elephant's graveyard) where it remains comatose but could easily be revived. 

The stated purpose of the Chatterbox forum continues to be "Chat about anything and everything motorhome, caravanning and camping related..." As this mirrors the stated purpose of the O&AL forums specifically dedicated to motorhome, caravan or camping subjects, it's plain that Chatterbox as it stands has no real value.

However, as forum members seem to want a General Chat forum, latitude is currently being allowed unilaterally by the forum Moderators. For example, the "Insulation grants" thread clearly does not meet Chatterbox's stated purpose but has been left in place (though - having just looked at that thread - it's on borrowed time!)

The forum Administrators are aware of the Chatterbox forum's present 'redundancy' and the possible difficulties its stated purpose causes. Moderators cannot alter the stated purpose of an O&AL forums (otherwise I'd have done this long ago) - that's an Administrator capability.

I'm unconvinced that Chatterbox's stated purpose genuinely challenges long-standing forum members' capacity to decide whether a new thread's subject meets Chatterbox's 'standards', or whether the content/language of a posting they make is likely to provoke Moderator action.

The O&AL forums are free to join and use, and the forum Moderators are volunteers. A degree of Chatterbox latitude is being permitted experimentally by Moderators, but it's a lot easier (and less time-wasting for Moderators) to revert to the rigid policy described in the CHATTERBOX STANDARDS thread pinned at the top of this webpage.

(As far as I'm concerned - this is the final warning...)

Archived