Gas BBQ

dianne0236

Hello Dianne, there are any number of gas BBQ’s to choose from but your final decision may rest upon certain factors such as how much space you have in the motorhome to store it, whether you have an external BBQ point or would use a stand alone cylinder/canister and perhaps how big a party you expect to feed.

We have previously used a couple of different types but, for two of us, we have found the Cadac Safari Chef to meet all our needs and has the added advantage of being able to do (one pan) ‘normal’ cooking al fresco too. It does need an external gas point but could be used with a stand alone cylinder with an appropriate regulator mounted on top.

David

I cannot understand the craze for barbecues, for the following reasons

1. If you are unfortunate enough to be downwind of one, they are extremely antisocial.

2. They are difficult to clean after use, and if not cleaned exacerbate the problem mentioned above.

Alan

We have used a Webber Baby Q with high top lid now for over 8 years. We use it to cook meat outside to avoid smells in the MH. Highly recommend this bbq. It hooks into the external gas point and sits on a lightweight fold up table. It is stored in a Webber specific carry bag that allows for ease of storage in the tunnel boot at the rear of the MH. Before packing it away prior to moving location I always clean the inside with a bbq cleaning product to avoid storage smells. The image shows our setup. Cheers,

IMG_0051.jpeg

We intend to have a slightly different holiday this year in that instead of just our daily pottering around France, we love doing this, but this summer we are going to potter down to a holiday camp in southern France for a couple of weeks and just sit under the trees outside our MH and just crash out. I have not been well this year having had a nasty bug attack my replacement knee and had to have the knee opened back up and flushed out and so we both need to sit just quietly and just recover some sanity, nearly a month in hospital does this to you. So yesterday we bought a Cadac Safari 30 Compact and look forward to using it. It looks really well made and even comes in its own carry bag and by the look of it should give us years of service. 

We have a Beauclaire gas BBQ which I love. Upsides, can also be used as an oven with the hood, and the cast iron grill is easy clean and efficient. Downsides, heavy and quite large. Stable once set up, but needs to be dismantled each time. More suitable if staying on site for a few days!! Some available on ebay second hand, and they are quite expensive to buy new.

Archived