The Coronation

John52

The coronation seems to be the topic of the moment, and since we are told the Royal family are not political and they are what unites the country and defends our democracy is there any reason the coronation can't be discussed on chatterbox?

My van is Euro6 and registered for the LEZ/ULEZ or whatever you call it.

I saw on Maps that in front of the Marlborough Gate Kiosk in St James's Park there is enough space for a small motorhome like mine.

It's a short walk from Trafalgar Square and I am planning to sleep there on Friday night.

For sure we will leave by Saturday late afternoon.

You say I can do it or do I run the risk that a Bobby or one of the funny bearskin guys will make a fuss about me?

Smile, Max

Hi Max

I'm ashamed to say the Mall is part of a Royal Park, so parking is banned everywhere except in official parking areas.  For example, I have driven into Richmond park - which is huge with wild roaming deer you wouldn't believe you are in London.  Usually empty because parking is only allowed in a couple of expensive car parks which are usually full.  I have driiven in many times and had to drive out again without stopping.

Pus the Government has just rushed in new laws in advance of the Coronation

'The new law, given royal assent by Charles on Tuesday, means that from Wednesday:

Protesters who block roads, airports and railways could face 12 months behind bars.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/02/anti-monarchists-receive-intimidatory-home-office-letter-on-new-protest-laws-coronation

There is also the congestion charge

I have stayed overnight in central London and Docklands many times, usually on some residential street but I have a plain looking white van.  Hard to find anywhere quiet though as there are so many people in such a small space, and outside at all hours.  So usually had to use earplugs.

Barry Lineker

The only Chatterbox 'usual subject' that had posted in this thread until now had been John52 and - if I had noticed his original posting - I would have removed it. However, Max (mtravel) rapidly added a (sort of) motorhome-related posting, so that gave the thread some degree of Chatterbox 'validity'. I'm not going to pull the thread, but (just to satisfy you 😀) I have locked it to prevent it being extended.