Broken awning in a recessed Autotrail Mohawk

tringy

Hi, I am hoping for some advice please, we have a Thule 4900 recessed wind out awning on an Autotrail Mohawk 2015 and both end pieces that support the roller are cracked, the right hand one with the winder in and the left hand side with the roller support. 
is it possible to replace these whilst fixed in position in the recess? 
it seems there are two screws to be removed but one of them is on the side at the top outside and impossible to get at! 
Any suggestions on how to do this please.Regards Tringy.

FD082940-2DE7-4617-A0C3-228DDAA68227.jpeg

• Keithl changed the title to Broken awning in a recessed Autotrail Mohawk

Tringy,

If you look in the lockers inside your Mohawk at either end and also in the centre of the awning you should find plastic covers held in place by small screws. Under these covers will be nuts which hold the awning to the MH wall. 

I'll take a pic of mine in a few minutes...

Keith.

Thanks for your input but I was hoping to do it without taking the whole thing down as I did it with a friend some years back and it was also stuck on with some black sealer and it ripped off the fibre glass as well.

A awning on your van or motorhome is the most critical item you can have. it can blows over the top roof and damage your roof windows sun panels Etc. anyway have it electric whit a wind sensor as i have at home. Nobody now how they really are attached by bolts and back plates. Just hear the sound when winding up.

These two MHFun threads 

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/autotrail-awning-end-caps-removal.192971/

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/autotrail-removing-awning-advice.95156/

advise that removing the end-caps of an Auto-Trail 'recessed' awning cannot be done while the awning remains in situ.

Apparently, it may be possible to gain access to the end-cap fixing screws by moving the awning outwards a relatively small amount - rather than removing the awning completely - but, in both cases, the presence of sealant (and resealing afterwards) should be taken into account.

Archived