Eberspacher heater

Kathryn Goult

Not knowing your exact system layout I'm assuming you have a circulation pump on some kind? If so a common cause of shutting down after a minute or so is the circulation pump not working and the heater doing an overtemp shutdown. Possibly worth checking as fault codes sometimes do not reflect reality.

Boat yards are a good place to try and get Eberspacher heaters repaired as they are often fitted to canal boats and the like.

Kathryn, I posted a similar problem on a thread a couple of months ago as the Eberspacher Combitronic on our 2006 Pioneer Renoir kept failing to start up and run on diesel.

Had it to an Eberspacher service agent (an auto electrician) to pinpoint the problem which turned out to be low leisure battery voltage - these heaters take quite a bit to start. Had the leisure batteries changed and that sorted the problem.

As a matter of interest, looking back through the service history a similar problem with the heater had been evident in 2012 - the solution then? Two new leisure batteries and I think they were the ones I just replaced!

David

Archived