Alde control panel problem

Makingtrax

All the icons on my Alde control panel have suddenly stopped working if you tap them. The only way I can get them to change is to slide across them at an angle and then sometimes they work. Other than that the system’s all working fine. The van is only 7 years old and not used a lot. I’ve removed the panel and put it in the airing cupboard for a few days in case of moisture. But no luck. Anybody any idea what’s happened. 
Steve

Have you checked all fuses are good and not corroded and correct voltage to the panel

Remove the connection and connect and disconnect a few time to ensure good connection 

Check that none of the pins are bent or damaged 

Carefully connect and reconnect cable to the screen (marked in red)

Check the PCB for damage or staining  

Alde Control panel fault 3020 marked .png

Many thanks. Yes I've disconnected the panel and checked the pcb and it all looks good, including the fuses. I've also left it on it's front to destress the touch panel. I'll give Alde a ring tomorrow and see what they say. A new panel isn't cheap.

16 hours ago, onecal said:

Sometimes the pins can corrode and produce a high resistance 

Also you can do a reset to factory spec 

Hopefully they will help you tomorrow

best of luck

Phoned Alde. They said there’s a problem with the LCD panel. They gave me a returns code and told me where to send it to. They said they’d have it back to me in 3 days. 

That’s unbelievable customer service.  Wish other companies were as good. Well done Alde! 

Archived