Peugeot Boxer 1997 coolant temp sensor & earth strap

JASB68

Hello,

I’m hoping to replace the coolant temperature sensor on my mother’s Peugeot Boxer 2lr petrol 1997 which I believe is on the rear of the block attached to the thermostat housing?

Is this a reasonable DIY job to undertake, and does anyone have any pictures of location?

Also, I noticed the earth strap looks ancient and definitely needs replacing, any recommendations on replacements as they have discontinued the original strap. 

The reason for the replacements is the engine starts fine but is running rich (over fueling symptoms), revving high and low when idling. The temp dial on dash reads 100, the thermostat was recently replaced.

Will a bad earth strap affect the ECU as that could be the possible cause of other issues like the inconsistent idling?

Thank you

The earth strap could well be causing your problems and you should be able to find a replacement item that is the correct length at a local auto-factors or Halfords may have one.   If you look at the www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk  website there is a section about earth strap problems , and their replacement , which you may find helpful.

Archived