My new satnav can't cope with cab noise!

This image is of the rear of a Garmin 795 Camper 7"-display sat-nav

image.png.acf9d28bed1dfe1c66c8eb04fa9bceaa.png

While it should be evident that the 'grid' for the device's speaker is quite small (and quite close to the device's centre), it's position and size is little different from my Garmin nuvi 2559LM's speaker that had sufficient volume to be easily heard in a motorhome and needs to be turned down for use in a car.

Although the 795 Camper has far more overall functionality than my nuvi 2559, it lacks the ability to select alternative voices - so Garmin may have prioritised on the glitzy 'smart' stuff at the expense of the voice. As there have been other complaints about the Camper devices having inadequate volume, this limitation may be an unfortunate feature of the breed.

I have never driven with my sat-nav muted and, if I bought a Garmin sat-nav specifically aimed at motorhome usage, I'd expect to be able to hear directional instructions easily in a motorhome's cab area.

Halfords's asking-price for a Camper 795 is currently £389.99 - that's a lot to pay for something that (apparently) is unfit for its advertised purpose.