Dethleffs Esprit 7870 electric window

Deffheads

Our 2006 Dethleff Esprit 7870 A class has one electric window on the near side but is RHD, it has stopped working. There is a separate wiring loom that goes though the bulkhead into the engine bay and because of limited access I am unable to determine it's destination. A long shot, I know. But does anyone know where i goes?  

Hi,

Check your fuses and  window switch and connection to the door itself and earths first to determine why it stopped working . Then check the motor itself for power and all connections to same etc' The last thing you need to be touching is the loom unless you have fully checked all first 

Regards

Edited by onecal

Depends what you mean by 'stopped working'. I assume it won't lower? I had a similar issue on an earlier model of Dethleffs although in my case it just wouldn't shut. It turned out to be a fuse and more interestingly I discovered that there were two fuses that effected it, presumably one for the switch and one for the relay(?). The fuses looked fine by eye, it took a multimeter to discover that one of them had developed a hairline crack.

. . . . Also, was it working fine just before it stopped or has it been left shut and unused for a length of time? I had something similar on the rear electric windows of another vehicle. It turned out that because it was so long since they’d been used they were presenting too much resistance to being initially moved (dirt build up etc?) so the motor was sensing an obstruction and cutting out. A few bangs on the window was enough to free it up followed by a good clean of the guide channels.