Food on the move

michele

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michele - 2007-07-21 10:59 PM

Carioca,

good idea i wonder if it would be ok to part cook them or do you think we would be ill?

whats the rush ? 20 mins to cook 10-15 mins to eat 20 mins to let it settle= 1hour of chillin time then hit the road again fed,watered & rested life doesnt get any better :-D B-)

Cadbury's Smash and a tin of stewing steak, 15 minutes. cup ot tea 10 mins quick cuddle on the fixed bed, 2 seconds and off we go.

Bragging about the fixed bed bit though

Prepared food/ready meals - DO NOT part heat - they are already partly cooked so by the time you heated them to eat you would've actually heated them up twice, not just the once after their initial cooking! Plus, if you don't warm them up properly right through all you'll do is get any bacteria etc growing nicely without killing them completely by totally heating it through. DO NOT DO IT MICHELE!!!!!

Besides which, have you tasted some of these ready meals? A lot of them are horrible!!! :-(

Mel B - 2007-07-22 9:45 PM

Prepared food/ready meals - DO NOT part heat - they are already partly cooked so by the time you heated them to eat you would've actually heated them up twice, not just the once after their initial cooking! Plus, if you don't warm them up properly right through all you'll do is get any bacteria etc growing nicely without killing them completely by totally heating it through. DO NOT DO IT MICHELE!!!!!

Besides which, have you tasted some of these ready meals? A lot of them are horrible!!! :-(

arnt we quick to judge if we dont like them there horrible! how could anybody have a rat or even 2 as pets there just vermin >:-) ;-)

carioca - 2007-07-22 11:07 PM

arnt we quick to judge if we dont like them there horrible! how could anybody have a rat or even 2 as pets there just vermin >:-) ;-)

Adrian,

I,m sure Mel didn't mean it that way she is just trying to tell me not to get food poisoning .lets not fall out now. ;-)

michele - 2007-07-22 11:14 PM

carioca - 2007-07-22 11:07 PM

Adrian,

I,m sure Mel didn't mean it that way she is just trying to tell me not to get food poisoning .lets not fall out now. ;-)

too serious peeps look at the smileys there a giveaway

michele - 2007-07-22 11:26 PM

Silly me sorry :D anymore food suggestions in your cupboard ;-)

not warfarin :D

ok michele i'll give you 1 more but you must promise not to tell anybody else. do you promise....... good cook some mini spring rolls & onion bahitas place in a container, callin at a local baker buy some fresh bread open container tear a piece of bread off & enjoy.

now no more secrets (lol) ;-)

We always, for the first holiday, meal take a homemade minced beef & veg. pie which can be eaten hot or cold, with some pre-cooked new poatoes ( again eat hot or cold) and some crusty bread. Taste fine in U.K but so much nicer over the Channel!! Why is that? Like Mel we rarely if ever use pre packed prepared maels as you cannot better 'home cooked' produce.

Bon appitite! Mike & Cherry.

Carioca ... go on, be honest, have you ACTUALLY tasted any of the ready meals? Some of them are really horrible and I say that from experience having been tempted to buy some on 'special offer' ... now I know why, they couldn't get rid of them otherwise! :D

You cannot beat good old fashioned home cooking, don't get me wrong, I'll quite happily use some pre-prepared sauce mix, like bolognaise which I'll use with some minced beef, garlic etc and serve up with pre-made pasta when necessary, but the totally prepared meals leave a lot to be desired, even the really good name ones aren't a patch on home cooked versions of the same thing and many have loads of salt and sugar and other additives in as well.

I often make up a batch of bolognaise, soup and the like (just made a lovely chicken soup with veggies that I just happened to have to hand and some chicken leg bones - scrummy even if I do say so myself!), then freeze them, when we go on holiday we often take a tub or two of the bolognaise and it makes a very quick and tasty meal (tip alert ... when having a tomatoey sauce food of any kind, it can sometimes be a bit 'harsh/strong', try putting in a good slosh of milk and mixing it in well whilst it's cooking for the last minute, gives it a bit of a creamy taste and takes away the harshness).

Rats ... lovely little critters, nothing like their wild counterparts, bit like overgrown hamsters with long tails but very intelligent and extremely friendly, you can train them like dogs if you want. They really enjoyed their trip to France!

Now as for parrots .... Michele - you still got the ruddy thing? :->

yep Parrot pie is on its way the bloody thing keeps threatning me it wont go back in its cage . Sit 's there Frankie Frankie wan a scratch

More Cheese Gromit come on come and get a scratch ...wolf whistles does teh phone and then afetr we have all run for the phone he answers it himself Heeelo ... Parrot Pie I need a Paracetamol but the parrots eat em all :D OOps see the dyslexic is back must be frustrated trying to get the bloody thing in the cage :D

Mel B - 2007-07-23 8:57 PM

Carioca ... go on, be honest, have you ACTUALLY tasted any of the ready meals? Some of them are really horrible and I say that from experience having been tempted to buy some on 'special offer' ... now I know why, they couldn't get rid of them otherwise! :D

You cannot beat good old fashioned home cooking, don't get me wrong, I'll quite happily use some pre-prepared sauce mix, like bolognaise which I'll use with some minced beef, garlic etc and serve up with pre-made pasta when necessary, but the totally prepared meals leave a lot to be desired, even the really good name ones aren't a patch on home cooked versions of the same thing and many have loads of salt and sugar and other additives in as well.

I often make up a batch of bolognaise, soup and the like (just made a lovely chicken soup with veggies that I just happened to have to hand and some chicken leg bones - scrummy even if I do say so myself!), then freeze them, when we go on holiday we often take a tub or two of the bolognaise and it makes a very quick and tasty meal (tip alert ... when having a tomatoey sauce food of any kind, it can sometimes be a bit 'harsh/strong', try putting in a good slosh of milk and mixing it in well whilst it's cooking for the last minute, gives it a bit of a creamy taste and takes away the harshness).

Rats ... lovely little critters, nothing like their wild counterparts, bit like overgrown hamsters with long tails but very intelligent and extremely friendly, you can train them like dogs if you want. They really enjoyed their trip to France!

Now as for parrots .... Michele - you still got the ruddy thing? :->

Mel B seems like ready meals are to you what rats are to me disgusting just goes to show we are all different & like different things doesn't mean they are good or bad except in our opinion do you not agree :-S ;-)

rats - no comment really - don't know enough

but.. .. ..

rats with wings

and

rats with furry tails

should be shot on sight - illegal immigrants - disease carriers

:-> :-> :-> :-> :->

B-)

and - cats - just because they sh1t all over my garden and frighten off the song birds

oh yeah - back on thread -

love

mackerel sandwiches

buy that milk bread roll thingy in France cos they last for weeks and are the right size and shape for frankfurters

am a sucker for the old 'ham cheese m tomato sarnies that are ubiquitous all over Europe

used to like 'croques' but they started to put toasted cheese on top

B-)

twooks - 2007-07-25 11:20 PM

oh yeah - back on thread -

love

mackerel sandwiches

buy that milk bread roll thingy in France cos they last for weeks and are the right size and shape for frankfurters

am a sucker for the old 'ham cheese m tomato sarnies that are ubiquitous all over Europe

used to like 'croques' but they started to put toasted cheese on top

B-)

mackerel sandwiches when's the baby due :D

Mel B - 2007-07-25 11:02 PM

Ah but Carioca, I've actually tried some of the ready meals and they are awful. I didn't say they ALL were.

Seeing as you think rats are disgusting I wonder - have you ever actually met a pet rat? :-S

seems like some people dont know when to end things. i've noticed this in a lot of your replies your opinion is always right & sod anybodyelse & yes my friends have pet rats & i hate them to see them in thier cage makes me sweat. there are you happy now that you have riled me up

note no smileys

mackerel - got the bug from my cousin - who - come to think about it - was pregnant at the time

never thought of it that way before

but they are good for you

carioca

chill mate- life really isn't personal unless you want to make it that way

go watch a rerun of Dominic Cork hitting 10 off 2 balls

unless you're from Northants

or the chicken wiping out the young buck in the last 0.5 km -

unless he fails the tests in the next 72 hours

or Sir Garfield taking 36 off 6

or Seb Coe' second kick on the bend

or Rocker Rod Laver putting away a winner

or.. .. .. .

twooks - 2007-07-25 11:36 PM

mackerel - got the bug from my cousin - who - come to think about it - was pregnant at the time

never thought of it that way before

but they are good for you

carioca

chill mate- life really isn't personal unless you want to make it that way

go watch a rerun of Dominic Cork hitting 10 off 2 balls

unless you're from Northants

or the chicken wiping out the young buck in the last 0.5 km -

unless he fails the tests in the next 72 hours

or Sir Garfield taking 36 off 6

or Seb Coe' second kick on the bend

or Rocker Rod Laver putting away a winner

or.. .. .. .

nah mate watchin beckham on ITV ;-) (lol) oops found smileys again >:-)

Archived