Peugeot oil change

Pete-B

Hi Steeve928

I simply replied to your post ,with a thanks for your update?

8 hours ago, Steve928 said:

Peugeot's service campaign (not a DVLA safety recall) is for ECU recalibration with regard to the Adblue pumping module pressure sensor. Engine oil and filter are changed so possibly there has been an unwanted side effect on DPF regenerations further down the BlueHDi exhaust line from the Adblue injection point.

Regards

On 23/08/2023 at 05:46, spirou said:

Isn't a 2020 peugeot a 2.0 engine rather than 2.2? Our 2019 is at least...

According to Parkers 

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/peugeot/boxer/2006-review/#:~:text=New 2.2-litre BlueHDi engines in 2019&text=These boast more power across,regulations introduced in September 2019.

New 2.2-litre BlueHDi engines in 2019

From July 2019 production, the 2.0-litre BlueHDi engines introduced just three years earlier were scrapped in favour of a new range of 2.2-litre BlueHDi engines.

These boast more power across the range (and more torque at the very top), come with stop-start as standard and complies with the Euro 6D Temp (or Euro 6.2) emissions regulations introduced in September 2019.

UK owners habitually state the age of their vehicle based on when the vehicle was first UK-registered. With cars this is generally not an issue, but, with motorhomes, there can be a LONG interval between the 'chassis' leaving the factory where it was built and the first buyer of the fully-converted motorhome taking delivery. (In extreme cases the interval has exceeded two years.)

UK buyers of recent-ish new motorhomes SHOULD receive Certificates of Conformity (CofCs) that state when the base vehicle was built and when the conversion process was completed. So the Peugeot Boxer element of a '2020' Auto-Sleepers motorhome might have been made prior to July 2019 and have a 2.0litre motor, or made after July 2019 and have a 2.2litre motor.

Anyway, whether the Peugeot Boxer element was built before of after July 2019, or the Auto-Sleepers conversion was completed in 2019 or 2020, or whenever in 2020 the motohome was sold/UK-registered, the Peugeot CofC will state the cubic capacity of the motorhome's engine.

3 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi,

I think they recommend max service intervals for the latest 2.2-litre BlueHDI engines are now up to 32,000 miles, I really think that's pushing it a bit too far 

Regards

Every time I look at this thread hoping to find something new I find yet another post from you, I think 6 so far on this thread alone, to repeat your view that Manufacturers recommended oil changes are not frequent enough

Why don't you follow Steve's excellent suggestion

Best direct your comments to Peugeot rather than us if you are able to advise them re their service campaign. 0800 042 2422.

3 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi,

I think they recommend max service intervals for the latest 2.2-litre BlueHDI engines are now up to 32,000 miles, I really think that's pushing it a bit too far 

Regards

Anyone else have any idea's as to this very long service interval ?

Regards

Probably getting to be an old thread now but when we had our 2015 Peugeot based motorhome I asked the question of a local Peugeot dealler who pointed me to the handbook. It stated something along the lines that a vehicle used for arduous tasks such as ambulances and taxis (heavy loads, starting from cold, lots of short journeys etc) should have an annual oil change. Sadly I don't have the vehicle now so cannot verify this but on a side note, I change the oil and filter on our vans every year. Its like £100 at the dealer - not alot for considering what people are paying for motorhomes at present. 

Hi Dizzied,

I have to agree it's a small price to pay considering what people are paying for motorhomes at present and a good practice to change the oil and filter every year, this very long service interval of 32,000 miles is too much as you say for those vehicles used for arduous tasks or short trips is not realistic  

Regards

Archived