data sim for eu

teccer1234

Been very happy with our Popit sim who I think do a 30gb sim for £18 month.We had 100gb for £25. Very happy with it so did a bit of UK usage to qualify and have now parked it up for next 6 month ay £1 month.

Various local sims for France and or Spain but I think they do not offer the full package in the other country.

Also with Popit you can pick up UK TV and BBC Iplayer without needing a VPN

12 minutes ago, webby1 said:

Been very happy with our Popit sim who I think do a 30gb sim for £18 month.We had 100gb for £25. Very happy with it so did a bit of UK usage to qualify and have now parked it up for next 6 month ay £1 month.

Various local sims for France and or Spain but I think they do not offer the full package in the other country.

thanks Webby 1, I'll look at that one but what you say about qualifying maybe when my 02 data never worked in Spain, I'd never used mobile data in the uk before going to the eu in the past, when I tried I got message data not switched on in the uk, I didn't really understand that, the only thing about using my 02 in the eu is that they also charge £2 a day for use so not going that way!!.

in my mobile wifi I have I had a vodafone sim that only worked in spain, I want one that works in the eu so maybe popit.

thanks

57 minutes ago, webby1 said:

Hi Webby, just had a chat with popit and explained that I only want to use it for 3-4 months, that's after useing it in the uk for a small amount of time to activate it, he said I could cancel the 6 month contract after 4 months by going to "my popit and cancelling it" do you think this is the case?

A non-contract option is IQ Go (nb different from ID Go.). Annual fee of £20 to keep your sim active, then you just buy Data packages as you need them .  10GB/30GB/100GB costs £10/15/20. Each lasts a month, but if you run out sooner you just add another.  I know some of the contract deals work out cheaper per MB, but we like the flexibility .

It’s worked perfectly for us coming down through France, and now into Spain.

I don't know anything about the 6 month rule with Popit and I thought it was just monthly. As I said for £1 month I just keep it ready for my next trip.

The IQ go option deal posted by @Solwaybuggierseems another good option.It's cheaper for 100gb and presumably also allows access to UK TV....better check that. Also ask what UK usage they might require over that year.

1 hour ago, webby1 said:

I don't know anything about the 6 month rule with Popit and I thought it was just monthly. As I said for £1 month I just keep it ready for my next trip.

The IQ go option deal posted by @Solwaybuggierseems another good option.It's cheaper for 100gb and presumably also allows access to UK TV....better check that. Also ask what UK usage they might require over that year.

regards popit, when I was talking to the guy about uk useage to activate it, I asked how much I should use in the uk, he said he didn't know but by downloading a couple of apps should be ok, so that's what I'll do and hopefully when I cross over it will work, he also said there will be no hidden cost or surprises unlike 02 which I have at the moment, £2.00 a day for useage in the eu

22 hours ago, webby1 said:

The IQ go option deal posted by @Solwaybuggierseems another good option.It'saper for 100gb and presumably also allows access to UK TV....better check that. Also ask what UK usage they might require over that year.

We’ve been using IQ Go for tv via Firestick in France, it’s fine.  They don’t require any usage during the year - uk or roaming - although you can’t use it for more than 3 consecutive months in EU without Uk use in between.  No problem for us, being tied by Schengen rules!  And we did activate it in uk before roaming - I don’t think you need to but better safe than sorry!

• 2 months later...

Just to update.....I was very keen on the IQ go deal as it was so flexible. It says you cannot do more than 3 months in EU "without use in the UK"

BUT I asked them about qualifying usage in the UK and was told that you cannot use it for more than 3 months in EU in any 12 month period. So the "without use in the UK" is bit deceptive as it doesn't make any difference.

My question is, how much must I use it back in the UK before I can do another 90 day trip later in the year.
Is it days or data usage that counts.
Thanks for your help

Thanks for your mail. We permit 90 days out of 12 months to be used abroad.

Is this yet another fair use deception hidden in the small print