Rouen

teccer1234

Hi, I drove through Rouen twice at the beginning of July on route from Dieppe to LeMans and back. Just before midnight on the way down and about eight in the evening on the way back. I was concentrating on my satnav and the traffic but can’t remember seeing any critair signage.

regards David 

42 minutes ago, davidmac said:

Hi, I drove through Rouen twice at the beginning of July on route from Dieppe to LeMans and back. Just before midnight on the way down and about eight in the evening on the way back. I was concentrating on my satnav and the traffic but can’t remember seeing any critair signage.

regards David 

good to know, thanks

However, I always say in these cases, just because you drove through or your mate or 10 other people does not mean that I will not get stopped tomorrow.

We drove though earlier this year clutching a copy of Derek's reply from the Rouen team. I'm happy it's OK until at least 2024. Also I don't think they have numberplate recognition as yet, so don't attract attention driving through with "10 other people"😄

1 hour ago, webby1 said:

However, I always say in these cases, just because you drove through or your mate or 10 other people does not mean that I will not get stopped tomorrow.

We drove though earlier this year clutching a copy of Derek's reply from the Rouen team. I'm happy it's OK until at least 2024. Also I don't think they have numberplate recognition as yet, so don't attract attention driving through with "10 other people"😄

I agree with you, I've got the copy in french as well so I'm going through next week, eastern side of the river as always, not a lot going on that way🤞

4 hours ago, Albertslad said:

The last time I drove ”through” Rouen was in 2011, and I vowed never to do it again. Is there a very good reason to do it? Are alternative routes much longer?

Albertslad

if you drive through Rouen on the eastern side of the river, the road is slightly narrow in places but easy enough even with my 4.5t, 7.7mt tag axel van, plus I found it was quicker than going through past the railway with all the traffic

I did drive through the right side once through the railway sideings and all the traffic lights and vowed never to go that way again, the alternative via Yevtot does take up to 40 minutes longer.

after this year I won't be allowed to go the eastern side with my crit'air 4 van but I've read about another route on the east side of Rouen that takes under 10 minutes longer but very fiddly roads, (turn here, turn there, etc)

the first time I went the eastern side of the river, at home I went on street view and saw the way to go, made it a lot easier knowing where to go past the church as you enter Rouen

I have detailed the route in a previous thread this year.... leave the A28 at J12 and head towards Martainville-Epreville. Then you have a choice. Either head for Pont de L'arch, or head towards Les Andelys and cross the Seine there. It's about 15/20 mins longer, and OK for our 3850 Kg, 7.3M, Benimar.

Jeremy