P24AC fault code

John52

This Code P24AC (plus $f110 if that means anything) has come up several times on my Dec 2020 manufactured Ducato 2.3 140
along with the Start Stop being disabled and the yellow engine management light.

Other than that everything is running OK. Its done 26,000 miles during which I have only put in about a teacup full of coolant and its still full.
Doesn't use engine oil either.

I've cleared the fault code a couple of times with my cheap and basic code reader, but it soon came back

Googling 'P24AC' I get 'EGR Cooler Coolant Pump Feedback Circuit Low'

I don't know what to do about it

Has anyone else had this, or knows what to do about it please?

8 hours ago, Globebuster1 said:

I'd look at the DPF valve, which is not difficult to change.

I think there was a spate of early failures at one point, the trouble is you always get erroneous info with basic code readers.

It seems with Fiat/Alfa products the Start/Stop is always disabled once there is a fault flagged up.

I think you are right

I have just cleared the code and driven it for half an hour to regenerate the DPF and it seems OK now.

The disabling of the start stop is a real PIA for me though.  It happens when I flick the switch I installed to connect my secondary batteries for charging.  The system seems to detect batteries it hasn't been programmed for, disables the start stop - which wouldn't matter if it wasn't for the fact it brings on the engine management light (MOT fail) and blocks the information panel (which advises you when to change gear etc)

But at least I can disconnect the secondary batteries to get it through the MOT.

26 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Hi,

it shows the danger of using cheaper fault code readers I guess. I wonder what a main dealer would use and how much they would charge, and, would the code be any different?

Could be.

I have got 2 fault code readers which look identical to the Streetwize ones from ECP

1  https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/streetwize-obdii-fault-code-reader-553997350

2   https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/streetwize-obdii-fault-code-reader-lcd-screen-548775301

But they are not branded as Streetwize because I got them off ebay from China at about half the price

Edited by John52
edited due to problem with links