Fiat Ducato 2015 brake pad replacement

tringy

I am thinking about replacing the front brake pads myself . The low pad warning light just come on and currently more than a 1000 miles from home. The vehicle is an Autotrail Duacto 2.3 150 bhp 2015year . I was wondering if the ABS has to be adjusted some way to remove the old pads.  
All advice is appreciated.

Regards Tringy.

6 hours ago, tringy said:

wondering if the ABS has to be adjusted some way to remove the old pads.  

No need to do anything to the ABS system. This gives you an idea of what's involved, 

https://youtu.be/XREvctr7BkQ?si=azdW6OEPwplvinjA

I recommend  changing the front discs at the same time. 

Depending on which chassis, light or heavy,  there are different pads and discs.

A technique I use is clamping the hydraulic brake hose, and when pushing back the caliper cylinders release the pressure via the bleed nipple. This prevents any brake fluid being pushed  back through the ABS valve block. Whilst not absolutely necessary, it prevents possible contamination being pushed into the ABS and master cylinder.

If the low pad warning has truly activated there is usually enough pad material to complete your journey. The warning  is sometimes activated if the brakes are used in anger, mountain pass decent, as either the wiring near the caliper or the contact in the pad, overheat and make contact with metal.

The sensors are on the front near side and rear offside.

Mike