Autocruise/swift top cupboard catches

snail

Hi guys, maybe someone could help, we are away for another two days, a top cupboard catch has broken, it's the inside bit that's broken, I will need to source a new one when home on Monday 

2010 autocruise tempo pvc, built after the swift takeover so very similar cupboards to a swift mondial front lounge version and maybe used in others

If anyone can suggest or link to some suppliers that would be great

Thanks Brian 

20231125_172038.jpg

20231125_172120.jpg

20231125_172108.jpg

I can find a good few listings in a similar dark grey colour, but they're all a slightly different (more rounded) shape.

This looks to be the part, but in a lighter grey. The brand name may help in finding the correct colour, but if not a colour difference for a functional part that isn't in plain sight might be acceptable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235127908853 

Yes, these catches do break. Whilst the shiny bits at the front are pretty much van/brand specific, the plastic bits at the back seem all pretty much to be the same. Our 2010 Bessacarr has the same plastic bits. I think we've had two of them break over the years. They seem to be fairly widely available and I'm sure I saw them in Wanderhome Knottingley a couple of weeks ago. My advice is to buy two or three. That way you won't have to search for one when the next one fails. Of course, having a spare means that you'll never have one fail again. I think ours came form the ebay seller.

FD

• Haha 1

Just looked back a bit and found that ours came form GW Caravan Services via their ebay shop.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/gwcaravanservicesltd

That site shows what you're after as the first item although they point out that the design has changed and the earlier type like yours (and mine) is no longer available. Given that it's hidden inside a cupboard, can't see that that's a major issue. 

FD

Edited by Fred Duck