Fiat Ducato headlight levelerrs

The drivers side headlight manual adjuster turns but does not adjust the beam 2018 chassis

2020 chausson motorhome ,i have been told the adjusting ball at the end of the shaft has become  

displaced is this fixable or new head light required

Many thanks

Trevor

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Irish Rover.

The headlights of Fiat Ducato X290 vehicles (ie. built from mid-2014-onwards) were discussed here

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/38777-x-290-headlights/

The thread dealt primarily with modifying the headlights' beam-pattern for driving outside the UK, but the manually-operated adjusters were mentioned and their locations are arrowed in this image

image.png.6d00dc9da72b48568d12f39554301010.png

My 2015-built Ducato X290-based Rapido motorhome had UK-norm 'left dipping' headlights and I remember pondering whether I could use the manual adjusters to alter the beam pattern so that, when driving in Continental Europe, the dipped beam would illuminate the road's right-hand-side better. However, as I was very aware of how fragile these adjusters can be (particularly if one does not have the proper tool) I decided not to do this myself. Eventually, a friendly mechanic at a Fiat Professional agency offered to adjust the beam height upwards considerably (but could still be adjusted downwards via the dashboard control if so wished) and I used to swing each headlight to point as far to the right as it would go before taking the motorhome abroad. 

This image shows the adjusters from the rear of the headlight

image.png.94075f7d57ac2cf88ca055cd5cdd0502.png

I THINK it may be possible to adjust the beam-aim by rotating the 'nut' in the centre of each green circle, as well as by inserting a tool into the white part of the adjuster from above. (This is certainly possible with my Hyundai car's headlights.) If you can do this and it alters the beam aim, then the problem may be side-stepped. If you can do this and it does NOT alter the beam aim, then the problem is within the headlight itself (the explanation that the adjusting ball at the end of the shaft has become displaced seems credible) and I'm pretty sure that a new headlight would then be needed.