Banner Energy Bull Leisure Battery - What do you recommend as replacement?

johnlc

Hi John 

Strange the do all over the EU , and I have received nothing only excellent reports back , but I I said in my previous post , one has to check   

Glad you got fixed up with a very good battery and your happy with same 

Regards

In my posting of January 26 I said that I had 'spoofed' an order for a pair of Banner Energy Bull 955/51 batteries from the German website you had mentioned. I had specified a UK address for the buyer and the price given was just over €200 with a delivery-charge of zero.

On reflection, this struck me as odd, so I revisited the website and 'ordered' the same two Banner batteries, again with a UK buyer-address. The result was identical, but I then realised that the zero delivery-charge was based on the batteries being collected from a warehouse in Germany and that collection was the only 'delivery' option available. 

Assuming that there might be  'euro' currency' or outside-the-EU address issues, I tried again, this time providing an Ireland address for the buyer. Exactly the same result, no delivery to the Ireland address option offered, just collection from a warehouse in Germany. 

I didn't check whether specifying a buyer's address in an EU Continental-European country (say France) would result in a delivery-to-that-address option being provided, but the implication of my UK and Ireland address tests is that (as johnic was told) the German vendor will not ship lead-acid batteries abroad, where 'abroad' means to an address outside Continental Europe. 

Hi I find it strange , I have just checked with friends who obtained batteries through them up to 2023

Again I have had nothing only excellent reports back and indeed they did send to Ireland in 2023 (maybe through a dealer outlet in Ireland) who knows, but they are still operating within the EU . But things may have changed ? This is why I informed John he would need to check with them first as we found out that some of the UK battery suppliers would not ship to Spain on another post here some time ago 

Always better to check

Regards

Onecal and Derek - thanks for your further responses.

Derek - it was the 5054 battery in my mother's car. It was clearly marked so how the garage could "mistake" it for a 7054 surprises me. Even though she has been taking her car there for years I can't help but feel they were potentially trying to exploit an old lady who understands nothing about cars. Maybe I am wrong.

Thank you again for all your help

Best Wishes

John

2 hours ago, johnlc said:

Derek - it was the 5054 battery in my mother's car. It was clearly marked so how the garage could "mistake" it for a 7054 surprises me.

John

Yes it is strange, particularly as the YBX7054 doesn't look like an 'ordinary' car battery.

The YBX5000 and YBX7000 ranges are shown here

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/batteries/automotive/ybx5000-silver-high-performance-smf-batteries/show/all.html

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/batteries/automotive/ybx7000-efb-batteries/show/all.html

and it will be apparent how much higher Yuasa's RRP is for the YBX7000 EFB range.