German Crit-Air (Umweltplakette)

stevec176

Looking at going to Germany touring later in the year, no route planned yet, so thought I'd sort out the Crit-Air sticker. Have looked at several sites all with varying prices ranging from €13 to €32 so does anyone know which is the official site please.

Thanks

Edited by stevec176
Change title

• stevec176 changed the title to German Crit-Air (Umweltplakette)

Buying through the above-mentioned Berlin website has at least two advantages:

i) you can buy in advance at roughly the same (cheapest) price you can buy from TüV or Dekra in Germany, so you don't have to research and divert to find an outlet when you arrive there (many main dealers will do them as well).

ii) The Berlin authorities are adept at determining emissions class from your scanned V5C (they generally go by registration date). German registration documents have an official emissions value field on them (missing from UK documents) and this can cause some debate elsewhere when the equivalent field can't be located.

Return via post from Berlin is usually in line with Teutonic efficiency; I think every time I've applied it has been within a week.

I suspect the following is not of any great effect on the OP, but given that such restriction that exist have now migrated to the requirement for a green sticker, applying for a vehicle that doesn't qualify for such is increasingly futile.