Hiring a car in France

Planning to take our Chausson to France this year and would like to hire a small car for when we're there, ideally a rent-a-wreck. Anything that's cheap as chips.

I have a recollection that one of the supermarkets do really cheap rentals but can's remember which. Anybody know who it might be? Or have any suggestions?

We'll probably head to Loire or maybe Cote D'Azur if that makes a difference..TIA

Hi ColinM50

Yes Super-U Location do and are supposedly giving 70% off on booking for 2024 at present

Also some small towns are doing cheap small car hire in the south of France I am informed by other club members at the moment How reliable they are is another issue , but I am sure they are ok . ELeclerc and Carrefour also do car hire also .

Regards

Edited by onecal

Thanks all that was what I was after, Suoer U was the one I sort of remembered. So will look at them as and when we've got some dates.

And Globebuster, we ended up not going to France last year but if you'd be kind enough to remind me of the details I'd be grateful Can you pm details here?

On 08/03/2024 at 11:51, ColinM50 said:

Planning to take our Chausson to France this year and would like to hire a small car for when we're there, ideally a rent-a-wreck. Anything that's cheap as chips.

I have a recollection that one of the supermarkets do really cheap rentals but can's remember which. Anybody know who it might be? Or have any suggestions?

We'll probably head to Loire or maybe Cote D'Azur if that makes a difference..TIA

E Leclerc supermarket, cars and vans. Very pleased with van hire from our local branch In Charente Maritime. Daily rates are low but watch out for mileage charges. Suited us as we needed time not distance!