Truma 6E Not heating on Gas only.

PeteH

Weird One?. Truma 6E. Fires on gas and runs heating OK. On water It fires runs for over 1 minute and then shuts down, even though the water is still cold at that juncture. The fact it runs OK on heating would suggest issue may be related to the Water Temperature Thermostat? Anyone come across this specifically before?. The Electric side works perfectly, I have piping hot water. But not on gas alone Nor on Gas/Elect either.

Pete

12 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi

Are you getting an error code ? 

Regards

Too Old for error codes, Just 2 dials. I think there is a way? which uses "blinking" LED`s. But access anyway requires removing pieces of Kitchen cabinets. At this time I am looking to narrow down the field, so to speak. I suspect it is likely to have to go into the workshops, and that is not a cheap prospect.

Pete

This video explains how read error 'flash-codes' of a Truma Combi heater that has analogue controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccEC-6Qkybg

and this link lists the codes themselves

https://www.campingcar-bricoloisirs.net/telechargement/pdf/flashcodes-combi-E-en.pdf

As will be apparent from the video, reading a flash-code requires a cover to be removed from the heater and this may well prove challenging/impracticable with the heater in situ.

19 hours ago, PeteH said:

...On water It fires runs for over 1 minute and then shuts down, even though the water is still cold at that juncture...

If I remember correctly, once a Combi heater has successfully begun to operate on gas, a green LED remains illuminated on the main rotary control-panel. If water-only heating is then selected, another LED (orange this time) illuminates on the control-panel (indicating that water is being heated) and the orange LED goes out when the water has reached the selected temperature (40°C or 60°C).

When you say that "...It fires runs for over 1 minute and then shuts down" does this mean that just the orange LED goes out (though - as you've said - the water will still be cold) or does the heater completely shut down with the green LED turning red (indicating that a fault has happened)? 

If the latter, a flash-code should show, but, if the former (if the heater is 'thinking' the water has reached the selected temperature) probably not.

Presumably you've tried selecting both the 40°C and the 60°C water temperature, with the heater behaving similarly in both cases?

21 hours ago, Derek Uzzell said:

If I remember correctly, once a Combi heater has successfully begun to operate on gas, a green LED remains illuminated on the main rotary control-panel. If water-only heating is then selected, another LED (orange this time) illuminates on the control-panel (indicating that water is being heated) and the orange LED goes out when the water has reached the selected temperature (40°C or 60°C).

When you say that "...It fires runs for over 1 minute and then shuts down" does this mean that just the orange LED goes out (though - as you've said - the water will still be cold) or does the heater completely shut down with the green LED turning red (indicating that a fault has happened)? 

If the latter, a flash-code should show, but, if the former (if the heater is 'thinking' the water has reached the selected temperature) probably not.

Presumably you've tried selecting both the 40°C and the 60°C water temperature, with the heater behaving similarly in both cases?

Hi Derek,

No LED`s are showing in either case. I have a Request in to Truma currently, to see if their tech people can shed any further light. I do still get a white LED showing when on Electric only. Being a Rapido, (999M) the Heater is buried under paneling, behind the pull out storage, all of which has to be removed to see anything at all.

Pete