has anyone tried a window cleaning pole on their motor home?

My motor home is starting to look quite the eye sore, has anyone tried using one of those window cleaning poles to clean their motorhome? would the brush scratch the paintwork? I've been looking and want to try one. let me know what you guys think

When cleaning my motorhome's roof I used to use an extendable 'pole type' brush, though I did not connect this to  a water-supply hose. I seldom bothered to use the pole-brush when cleaning the rest of the vehicle's bodywork, as I could reach that off a set of steps. To avoid scratching plastic windows or paintwork, you'd need to be careful that no grit was picked up in the brush.

My pole-brush was an ultra-cheapo product picked up in a French motorhome dealership's sale and its price reflected its quality. So, if you decide to get a 'pole', best to buy a reasonably good one with a soft-bristled brush-head. There are some suggestions on the following link

https://www.wandering-bird.com/motorhome-cleaning/

A brush is the least likely thing to scratch your van as the grit embeds itself in the bristles, rather than being contained on the surface like sandpaper on a cloth or sponge.

Ideally you want a long handled brush connected to a hosepipe - plenty of water running through the brush to wash the grit away.

Then when you have rinsed the grit away you can work on the surface with something else if necessary.

I use a soft bristle vehicle wash brush on a telescopic van washing pole. Although the wash pole has a hose connector to allow it to be used with a hosed water supply, I just use it the traditional way, dipping the brush in a bucket of shampoo and rinsing it in a bucket of water between applications. I adjust the length of the pole as required whilst washing the van, only needing it fully extended to reach the front of the roof over the cab.

18 minutes ago, Deneb said:

I use a soft bristle vehicle wash brush on a telescopic van washing pole. Although the wash pole has a hose connector to allow it to be used with a hosed water supply, I just use it the traditional way, dipping the brush in a bucket of shampoo and rinsing it in a bucket of water between applications. I adjust the length of the pole as required whilst washing the van, only needing it fully extended to reach the front of the roof over the cab.

ditto

As a youngster I worked for two motor dealerships washing and preparing vehicles, so 50 years experience further on, I regard myself as a bit of an authority.

I use this kit from Amazon with plenty of hot water and good quality car shampoo, but always hose the van over first and do so repeatedly throughout the washing process. 

I'm lucky in that I can wash the roof of our A Class from our first floor terrace so can do the entire van without the need for a ladder or steps.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71a8sVyffQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.5f0e3e0d004e8210274351300513a182.jpeg