Waeco camera problem with condensation.

Hi

You could try gentle heat and dry it out over a period of time (it may take a few goes example with a hairdryer ) then find were the water is getting in and seal same, sometimes this can be difficult and not long lasting as some reversing cameras have sealing issues 

Maybe the best advice is to replace the camera itself , 

Regards

Evidently some Dometic/Waeco cameras can be disassembled

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/dometic-reverse-camera-serviceable.283412/

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/reversing-camera-repairs.249014/

My 2005 Hobby and 2015 Rapido motorhomes had small single-lens Waeco reversing cameras. Those vehicles stood idle for months during the winter and the cameras were hosed down when the motorhome was cleaned.

There were no water ingress or condensation issues (I believe both cameras had an integrated heater to deal with condensation) which was fortunate as a) they were clearly not designed for DIY repairs and b) replacement on a like-for-like basis would have been expensive.

A few years ago I took the camera off my Benimar because it was misted. Need watchmakers screwdrivers to disassemble.  Cleaned it, and sealed it back up with silicone especially where the wires exit. No further problems with it and it's now 20 years old... 

Jeremy

Hi Paul

I am afraid a lot of these reversing camera are well known for condensation and as as many will tell you  that some are pretty difficult to seal and really don't last.  Always worth a try though. Replacement is usally the best option

Regards