Rooflight Seal

Hi

Washing my Moho today prior to travelling at end of week I ribbed along the front of the ROOFLIGHT that has a bead of black sealant. when I looked later I noticed that it looked as if the sealant had been pushed in. See Photos. Now, I cannot be sure that I caused this today or if its been there longer but I feel I should put another bead of sealant where that is, especially as its on the front and will thus take the brunt of bad weather.

Soooooooo what is the best sealant to use. Googling this there are a myriad of choices.

looking in my toolbox I have, from years ago, a part used tube os Expedite Seelastic black sealant that is still soft and sticky but feel I should be more careful and purchase a modern equivalent.

in the long term it should probably be removed and reseated but I haven't really time for that.

Your thoughts advice much appreciated

Peter

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

Unless he has recently changed it, Peter's "Moho" is a 2021 Fiat Ducato-based Possl Roadstar 600L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWgQ88YVtCw

and this image shows an example with its front roofl-ight open.

image.png.4b7caa4e09864bfcf9e6c6fb870c242d.png

Peter's photos suggest to me that the black stuff that he is concerned about is around the edge of the roof-light's glass and - I would have thought - it's been like that from when the motorhome was built. (That's an educated guess based on the fact that, if the sealant had actually moved that much during the last 3 years, it's pretty much inevitable that water would have leaked in by now.)

If there are no signs of water ingress and as long as the Seelastic sealant 'skins', it should be OK to use it to fill the gap. If the glass were to be removed and re-sealed into the roof-light's frame, a modern sealant (eg. a suitable SIKA product) could be used instead.

Thank you for that link Derek.

we

our model is a D line, so that’s a positive, plus we purchased in sept 2021 but I beleive it was built early in the year. This is our fourth Globecar/Possl and have always been very pleased with the build quality but you never know!!!!
We did have a problem with a leak around the roof light with a previous model but that was quickly sorted under warranty.

peter