Motorhome reviews

Hi All 

I have noted that when reviews are done there is never any mentions of faults take my motorhome a Bailey Adamo I have read and watched countless reviews but not one review has brought up faults.

Yet a quick look on the net tells horror stories of sun roofs blowing out bad catches poor water pumps over flowing water tanks due to poor sensors shower leaking and lots more.

Would it not be better if when doing reviews a little research went in to it and not just say how wonderful they are as we all know that is not the case .

Tom 

If the review is conducted by either an online magazine or hard copy chances are the company that owns the vehicle also places advertising with the reviewing business. If a bad review is given then a) the advertising revenue dries up very quickly or b) no more vehicles are provided to the reviewer.

Car magazines are in the same predicament. I have found the best source of the truth is from independent sources. As an example when I purchased my first motorhome an Autotrail back in 2015 they were very new to Australia so I joined the NZ Autotrail owners club to read the feedback of a problems discussed. Interestingly this site became an excellent source of "how to" repairs such as rethreading the cord on the Hab Flyscreen  door. As a matter of interest Flyscreen door cord failure was a common complaint. In 6 years mine was replaced 4 times. Generally I have found that asking for a frank review on a site such as this will not always give you an honest review as the owner is not so keen to be critical of their purchase. One exception is if the vehicle is a real lemon. Hope this helps. Cheers,

Any review you see from a 'company' which relies on advertising will just look at the layout etc, it is very unlikely they will conduct an online search to find what are unverified reports of faults. As above it's not just motorhomes, even aircraft reviewers know if they give a bad review they won't get asked by anyone else.

My biggest gripe with reviews is they don't even bother to check MIRO, a certain MMM reviewer often used a nabouring village to me for photo shots, just a couple of miles from there to a weighbridge.