roller team 707 bathroom sink died - how to fix?

Hi, 

On the weekend our 2019 707 roller team bathroom sink plug failed. it has cracked all the way round the waste fitting. the waste is quite heavy so I think it was a fatigue failure. I suspect its a custom rollerteam sink. 

I will give it a go of repairing it with some fiberglass and resin but if that fails does anyone know if this is a commercial sink? I have googled but not found it for sale anywhere. 

or alternatively is there a supplier of standard MH sinks so I can change it for something more sturdy?

Cheers Leigh

20240617_192453.jpg

20240617_192531.jpg

Have you tried contacting your nearest Roller Team dealership (there are quite a few in UK) to see if spares are available?  It's likely that a similar design would have been used in a number of different vans, so direct replacements, albeit possibly direct from the firm who originally produced the item, may still be available.  Probably not the cheapest solution, but probably the simplest and the most likely to succeed in the longer term.  Your second picture (of the underside of the wash basin) suggests it is not of GRP, so I'm dubious that a GRP repair would succeed.  

This video suggests that the same washbasin is still being fitted to Auto-Roller 707 models.

The basin is probably a thermo-formed thin plastic moulding, but a DIY glass-fibre repair MIGHT work (at least for the short term).

There are relevant on-line adverts - GOOGLE on "motorhome sink repair".

The similar thin plastic moulding did exactly the same on our Bessacarr a few years ago. Swift wanted something like £1800 for a replacement unit with a long lead time - although it did include a new tap unit that we didn't need.

Caravan Panels provided an exact replacement unit in a much more robust fibre glass for around £120 and delivered in two days.  Fitted in a couple of hours and it continues to do what it's supposed to.

FD

Afraid this is a common fault on sinks( not just rollerteam). I have repaired mine with epoxy( not pretty) on my 707. Quoted £485 for a new one - mad. On my old Swift van I was able to get a "copy" that was much better made, cheap, and lasted over 15 years.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On my last trip, I had a similar issue with the bathroom sink in my old motorhome – the plug got stuck, and I ended up cracking the waste trying to pry it open. I tried patching it up with resin and fiberglass like you're planning, but it only held for a couple of months. I ended up going to a local bathroom supply store that specializes in RV fixtures. You might want to ask if they stock or can order standard motorhome sinks, and you can even upgrade things like the bathroom taps while you’re at it! I found a sturdier replacement there – wasn’t a Roller Team sink, but it did the job well.