Water tank cap.

paulni

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof

Couldn't agree more. Arguments develop, it's inevitable but my entire point is about those who can't see when it's ended and should be left in peace.

I'm off now from this thread you'll be pleased to hear. My point, which was perfectly reasonable and supported by others was, as I said much earlier, well aired!

Sorry about my stroppy 'friends' Paul - glad you managed to glean some useful - if temporary- advice.

I have the same problem with my cap and I'm frightened to death of breaking the key in it.

Next step is getting a new one from CAK tanks with a hose connector to save me running round the van like a blue a***d fly!

• 4 weeks later...
a bit late iv,e just found this thread, my water cap seems to lock when it feels like it, never had this problem with the old lockable fuel caps on cars,everything is made to a price, i,ve worked for rolls royce aero engines for 20yrs and cost and weight reductions are rewarded by a bonus

Would some-one please remind me what was the consensus about the best way to improve the locking function of a water tank cap - besides not locking and carry a spare.

Or was this the best way.

Oh just noted the post about caps from Cak tanks with hose coectors - so off to look at the catalogue.

Thanks

Archived