Fiamma exterior screens

Old Git

"dodgy characters at the Malvern Show " Um!

It seems to me that Fiama have identified another profit oportunity and have targitted Silver Screens and Taylormade head on. Many continental tourers only use cardboard internal sun shields and at around £35 for something with insulation they should pick up a chunk of this market as well. Stand by and see Silver Screens and Taylormade slash their profit element in a bit to maintain their business.

C.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michele - 2007-09-12 5:43 PM

Can't start calling you Dave now total confusion OG

OG so when are you buying one I note that Fiamma are at the york show may this be of some assistance to you .Are you going.

That's the reason for the daft username - there are too many Daves about.

We shall not be able to go to the York show, but shall get one a.s.a.p. Martin seems pretty convinced and obviously knows what he's talking about (thanks again Martin) so his opinion will do for me.

Cheers

Mr Git (Does this avoid confusion Michele? A bit too formal for me though.)

Old Git - 2007-09-12 5:50 PM

michele - 2007-09-12 5:43 PM

That's the reason for the daft username - there are too many Daves about.

Cheers

Mr Git (Does this avoid confusion Michele? A bit too formal for me though.)

Lets stick to Fiamma :D I like Old Git. :D

martin r c - 2007-09-12 6:10 PM

Dave ( OG ) if you buy one,make sure it is the correct one.

They only do three, boxer / relay /ducatto prior 2006. and after 2006 and Ford Transit 2000 on. but not for new 2007 models of the boxer shape with the new shape front.

Good luck

Martin r c

Thanks for this Martin.

I take it I don't want the "Ducato Boxer Jumper Aft 07/2006" as advertised here http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/erol.html#6970X0.

I would have gone for this one, assuming that "Aft 07/2006" indicated the new model with the new shaped front.

Would you be kind enough to look at the site please Martin, and give me your opinion.

Thanks for all the help. (Late reply because I just got back from a delicious chinese meal.)

Regards

Dave

Edited for spelinge mitsake - yet again)

michele - 2007-09-12 5:51 PM

How many M/H you got then RB.

Err, Michele , I like your latest piccy, is it your M/H ? Very Compact, but i think your wheels are about to fall off ! Is that your Hair streaming out the back ??? (blue rinse ???)

Back to the Thread.... Has anyone tried moving their M/home without taking off external screens ?? Veeery scary !! only a couple of feet, but don't try this at home folks. :D

Hi OG

I only use the Fiamma external cover when the M/H is parked at home.

I find they stop the annoying marks on the windscreen left when rain water has dripped off the Low Profile overhang.

Water still gets behind the cover by running of the roof but it does not leave marks, although the soft fabric underside of the cover is getting grubby. Don't know how easy it will be to clean. the outer side is easy to just wipe down being a plastic material.

I seem to recall you have a Nuevo so with it's cab to roof profile you may not have this problem

The only down side regarding the cover is that I find Iusually interfere with the radio ariel (Fiat Ducato 2006) but suppose that would apply to most external covers

Rayjsj - 2007-09-12 9:58 PM

michele - 2007-09-12 5:51 PM

How many M/H you got then RB.

Err, Michele , I like your latest piccy, is it your M/H ? Very Compact, but i think your wheels are about to fall off ! Is that your Hair streaming out the back ??? (blue rinse ???)

Back to the Thread.... Has anyone tried moving their M/home without taking off external screens ?? Veeery scary !! only a couple of feet, but don't try this at home folks. :D

I tried moving mine and as you can see in the piccy my Fiamma screen came off in the wind very scarey Oooooooooooo :D

Old Git - 2007-09-12 10:26 PM

Thanks for this John.

All useful information, and I think I shall get one if they produce a version for the new Nuevo. Hopefully Martin will be able to advise when he picks up my earlier message.

Thanks again

Dave

Dave.Thats the one ,if you have the same shape cab as mine( see avatar )

the pre 2006 coverglass should fit perfik. if you have a wing mounted radio ariel . just make sure you slip the cover behind it.

As for cleaning. hot soapy water and leave to dry

Martin

handyman - 2007-09-13 4:10 PM

flicka - 2007-09-12 10:11 PM

although the soft fabric underside of the cover is getting grubby. Don't know how easy it will be to clean. the outer side is easy to just wipe down being a plastic material.

would it survive getting put in the washing machine?

No. just hot soapy water if the inside gets grubby. or a damp cloth on the outside. mine still looks new,and I use it a lot.

martin

Old Git - 2007-09-13 3:17 PM

It is Martin - and an ugly brute in my opinion - not that it bothers me in the least.

Thanks again for all your help. Wish more people here were like you!!

Cheers

Dave

Why are you calling Martin an ugly brute, Mr Git *-)

(OK I'm stirring - this thread hasn't had any agro in it yet)

OK I'm stirring - this thread hasn't had any agro in it yet

Nor will it from me Janine.

I spent 35 years trying to teach little boys with severe attitude problems, and am pleased and relieved to be retired. This forum is just like being back at work, and I'm thoroughly fed up with the infantile behaviour of the few (but one in particular) who dissect every posting to find some way of being unpleasant.

The easiest way to avoid the unpleasantness is to retire again - following the lead of several other "old stagers" I notice.

Guest caraprof
Old Git - 2007-09-13 6:54 PM
OK I'm stirring - this thread hasn't had any agro in it yet
Nor will it from me Janine. I spent 35 years trying to teach little boys with severe attitude problems, and am pleased and relieved to be retired. This forum is just like being back at work, and I'm thoroughly fed up with the infantile behaviour of the few (but one in particular) who dissect every posting to find some way of being unpleasant. The easiest way to avoid the unpleasantness is to retire again - following the lead of several other "old stagers" I notice.

Thank God for that. Now I don't have to endure your totally-creepy-trying-too-hard-to-be-friendly smarminess and your snide attacks such as the one above.

People should know that this person fell out with me because I criticised his outlook on life, which is that he doesn't give anyone any respect until he gets to know them. If he denies this I'll post a link to the thread for you!

I pointed out that this is a terrible attitude and that my position is that I give everyone respect until they prove that they're not worthy of it. He then squirmed, having realised how this made him look and eventually, not being able to respond logically, did the usual insults about arrogance etc. and told me that I 'no longer exist in his world'. Well , boo hoo!

Previously to that he'd emailed me to thank me for supporting him in a thread when in fact I'd not actually been supporting him, just the argument on which I happened to agree.

So here we have Old Git. Agree with him and you'll get a smarmy email - come on folks, own up, how many of you have had such a message from him?

From then on in his determination to be loved and prove how nice he is, it's the full smarm and totally creepiness in every response. I mean, just read them! I keep putting my fingers in my mouth and making barfing noises every time I read his posts.

And I'm really sorry about 'dissecting' his posts. That's what I call debate. You take someone's point, like the one that no one deserves respect until they earn it, and you point out the unpleasantness of it. You are then accused of arrogance for daring to out-debate him.

As I said - if you want to read the whole debate and see what he's really like go to the '40mph changed to 30mph' thread on page four and read it carefully.

Finally, considering that 'I'm no longer part of his world' it's amazing how many snide little asides about me he's managed to insert in his theads lately. This is Old Git, and old creep and as nasty as anyone when it suits him.

Ps And three hundred posts in about three weeks! He's obviously not been too put off by me!

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-09-13 7:42 PM Well, Frank, I know who I'd rather 'speak' to, and it ain't you (lol)

I can live with that J9 and you won't be scaring me off the forum! :-D

Ps Actually, I quite like you. You speak your mind directly and don't engage in snide asides all the time.

Archived