What are you?

crinklystarfish

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-09-14 3:43 PM OMG let's watch the bottom line and see who comes and goes.. You do realise that Frank's been missing all day? Perhaps it's him messing about like Handyman is *-) Or it could be Crinkly having an arguement with himself - it would have to be someone who's clever..

The golf club beckoned!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-09-14 4:11 PM
caraprof - 2007-09-14 3:59 PM />

I'm still speaking to you - just think you need a good whipping occasionally (lol) Who nicked my quote? FRANK!! How did you do that?

Not me Miss!

A good whipping?

Funny old thing but at school I was regularly spanked on the bottom by a middle-aged woman, something you pay good money for later in life.

OK lets see if we can get back to the original theme. I offer this view up for discussion & disection.

Caraprof gave an example of a Gay couple who were allowed to adopt a child,and were later found to have abused this child & that nothing happened to either the council workers or the council themselves in this matter. Unless there is another very similar case, then |I'm sorry to have to state that it was my own council. One of the largest in West Yorks & begins with a "W".

Whilst having nothing against gays or lesbians, my view is that these people have violated not only a child but have also violated what is acceptable behaviour in our society. So should they be given another chance to commit their crimes? No is my answer.

Another case in mind goes back to my birth country - Thailand. In Thailand if a Thai national is found guilty of a crime, then they are imprisoned and serve the time set by the judges. For drug "trafficking" then this is usually the death sentence.It was only in 1997 was the death sentence changed from Firing squad to lethal injection.

So under Thai law, they are taken out of society and forgo ALL rights that a free person would be entitled to. The prisons in Thailand are not like here. You sleep anywhere up to 10 - 15 in a cell.On the concrete floor with the flimsiest mattress and not much else.No TV's, no sink, a slop bucket to be shared by all, and a little gutter acts as a urinal.Not nice, but in Thailand you're there because you've committed a crime.Here there is even a campaign to say that whilst in prsion you should still have the right to a vote. My point is if your out of society because you've commited a crime, then surely you have to forgo the rights that are offerd to those who are still free.!!

So the case was:- a school teacher (From Hebden Bridge)was arrested at Bangkok airport on her way back to England via Hong Kong. In her possession was a large amount of drugs. Both her and her boyfriend were arrested and tried and sent to prison. Now because they were both foreign nationals, the death sentence is automatically commuted to life imprisonment.

A very long story short, this teacher always stated she was innocent & that the drugs was really her boyfriend's. On the King of Thailand's 60th birthday, he gave a royal pardon - one of many gracious things that he does. The pardon was because the lawyers had argued that it was very expensive for her parents in England to come and visit her. The agreement was that she would serve the rest of her Thai sentence back in the UK penal system.

Outcome:- Yes you've guessed it. She's now a free person, after much campainging by her lawyers once back in the UK. This would never have been allowed in Thailand. Is this fair or just?? - NO is my answer.

It's getting quit long now, so will be back to discuss if anyone wants to.

Thai

Did she do it ? or where the Drugs put there and she didn't know ?

In my opinion if you live by the sword you die by the sword .

If she took that risk of going through customs in a country that has laws as stiff as the death penalty then death it should be.

As for arriving back in England and now being free I don't agree with that either but then we are more tollerant and I always get the feeling ours is more to do with money. We don't have enough prisons to keep the people because we are so busy spending it on other things .

She always maintained that the drugs where her boyfriends. Strange that her boyfriend always maintained that the drugs where hers.!!They had both been teaching english at some Thai schools.

Also her boyfriend - I think was either from NZ or Aus - was actually released before her, so serving less time.The drugs were in her bags as well.

Thai

Archived