Conkers

Wingpete

Frank

You've missed what I was saying ... most would see it for what it is, a plea for this all to stop.

I really hoped that you would stop exactly this sort of thing.

I really don't care if you have a go at me, but for the sake of the rest of the members of the forum show us all that you are above this sort of thing and let it go once and for all.

Please, please, please ... let it go.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind if it was humorous leg pulling. But it's getting very nasty, especially from you Frank. How can you say you loathe soneone you've never even met?. For all you know Richard is probably a perfectly pleasant bloke, who just revels in winding you up. As I do I must admit, but I don't get nasty and don't expect a nasty response. If one was forthcoming I would react as Richard does. Why don't you two just agree to differ?

Guest caraprof
peter - 2007-09-28 9:58 PM I wouldn't mind if it was humorous leg pulling. But it's getting very nasty, especially from you Frank. How can you say you loathe soneone you've never even met?. For all you know Richard is probably a perfectly pleasant bloke, who just revels in winding you up. As I do I must admit, but I don't get nasty and don't expect a nasty response. If one was forthcoming I would react as Richard does. Why don't you two just agree to differ?

I loathe him because he is the most unpleasant person I've ever dealt with on this site. Some months ago we had a huge row and I made a resolve to ignore him. I never got into any threads that he was in and didn't engage with him in any way. But for weeks after that he peppered every other post with snide and isidious remarks aimed at me. And it goes on. He cannot resist his constant little digs.

Now I'd finished this thread but you and Mel B just had to carry it on, but you asked and I've answered. And as for the comment about how I'm able to loathe someone that I've never met, I'd expect something a little brighter from you!

I never met Adolf Hitler, but I loathe him. I've never met Ken Livingstone, but I'm not too fond of him either. And Starspirit's regular snide and mean postings have convinced me that he is a hateful individual who enjoys stirring trouble.

I know that I'm argumentative. I know that I don't suffer fools and can be blunt, but what I am not is sly and creepy. I'll tell you to your face but what I will not do is attack you by insinuation in posts which have nothing to do with you.

Now as I said, you did ask and I feel compelled to answer I'm afraid.

Ps Edited to say, how can a 'nice bloke' possibly revel in winding someone up? That to me is exactly the opposite of nice.

Its all to do with density. Forget soaking in vinegar and what have you and simply drop your conkers in a bucket of water. The faster they sink the denser they are, and thats how you get a "killer" champion nut. Another thing to consider is the medicinal properties that can be extracted from the "horse chestnut", and ailments such as diarrhoea, frostbite, and even ringworm can be successfully treated from this "extract".

Good heavens Bruce, inserting the "conker" in the manner you suggest is the last thing you should do, with no benifit to your health and well being what so ever. The correct way is to crush and collect the juices of the horse chestnut, add a small drop of water, and take as a drink three times a day.

Thank you for your pm Frank. I,m afraid your attempts to entice the ringworms out by useing bacon rind are doomed to failure. I,m not saying that all "old wives tales" should be discounted, but this one, as you have already discovered simply does not work. and i,ve put together a fact sheet which I shall post onto you in the strictest confidence in due course.

Your warning re. removal of the outer shell before insertion may in the context of health and safety seem pretty obvious, but may I point out once again the danger associated with such a attempt and issue a official disclaimer in the event of any future claims. Thank you.

'Thank you', he says; 'Thank you!

Shatters all my hopes of a speedy solution to a problem, and he says 'Thank you.

Anyway Howie, that pm was meant to be just that, private.

Peter. Yes, string them first. Never mind Howies dire prognostications, it must work, it's a 'natural remedy' innit.

I've seen conkers (I think), strung two and three together in some shops and magazines. The shops have some funny names though. Why call a shop XXX Private?

peter - 2007-09-30 10:07 PM

You should be able to insert it if you string it first though Howie. That way you have a means of retrieval. :D

Delicate subject this Pete, but I believe your suggestion has been in use for some time now in various forms and guises. :$

Archived