retirement

KD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jen's Grumpy Git
michele - 2007-10-09 8:49 PM

Now for me 46.that will do but just like to have the lottery come up first :D

so have you been retired for 10 years now?

Guest caraprof
peter - 2007-10-09 10:05 PM I will Frank. As I don't discriminate. I take the p*ss out of everybody equally. :D

A bloke I once fired said: "Now that I'm going I can tell you that you're a right bastard".

But I brightened up when he then said: "But I have to say that you are really fair."

Says I: "Oh, am I really, that's nice?"

"Yes, says he, you're a bastard with everyone!"

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-10-09 10:19 PM I'm exactly twice as old as my son (lol)

Some of us have good memories J9 and know how to use the 'Search' facility!

This from the 'Greatest Achievements' thread, or whatever it is called.

Written by J9: Here's me wondering how I've raised my lad single-handedly for 25 years without killing him.

Now let me think, what's twice times 25 - got it, 39!

Now of course you may have only started the single-handed raising when he was ten, so that would now make you................. :-D

K&D - 2007-10-09 8:48 PM on the claim to fame thread people are going on about how they have achieved retirement, what would you say would be the right time.

Whenever you feel the time is right for you.!!

I've been runnning my late father's business for a number of years now & sometimes I think why??

Me & "Mrs Thai" have no children to leave it to, we are comfortable now, so why do I carry on??

Because I know what kind of person I am, and would not know what to do, if I woke up without a purpose to make a few "bucks"

Thai

caraprof - 2007-10-09 10:21 PM
peter - 2007-10-09 10:05 PM I will Frank. As I don't discriminate. I take the p*ss out of everybody equally. :D

A bloke I once fired said: "Now that I'm going I can tell you that you're a right bastard".

But I brightened up when he then said: "But I have to say that you are really fair."

Says I: "Oh, am I really, that's nice?"

"Yes, says he, you're a bastard with everyone!"

Well it's funny you should say that Frank. That's exactly how I was when I was a Production Manager in a factory. That way everybody knows where they stand. No favouritism and people advance on their merit and not because they are mates with the Manager. Worked just fine for me and all my staff were happy (I think). Work hard as a team and get good money, simple.

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-10-09 10:43 PM Lordy, Lordy - there's no fooling you Frank :D

Now admit it, you wouldn't have owned up if I hadn't had such a good memory. I was pretty sure that you'd mentioned a son and some age, so a quick search for the word 'Son' with J9 as the author, and bingo!

I'm quite pleased with that actually! But it doesn't take much these days!

caraprof - 2007-10-09 10:47 PM
J9withdogs - 2007-10-09 10:43 PM Lordy, Lordy - there's no fooling you Frank :D

Now admit it, you wouldn't have owned up if I hadn't had such a good memory. I was pretty sure that you'd mentioned a son and some age, so a quick search for the word 'Son' with J9 as the author, and bingo!

I'm quite pleased with that actually! But it doesn't take much these days!

Whatever floats your boat, Frank (lol) It wasn't actually a secret - there are posts earlier on in the year about how I was going to celebrate!

I retired 12 months ago next Friday at 50. Ann got made redundant 6 weeks later. We bought our van with a bit of my pension cheque and her redundancy money. WE absolutely love it and if it wasn't for my Sciatica we would be away now most likely! To anyone considering it that can afford it, just do it!

I haven't missed work one bit. I have missed the people I worked with, but not the job itself. Which has surprised everyone because I did enjoy it.

I will now only take on work that allows me to go on the road when I like!

Never been happier either! :-D

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-10 12:40 AM

I retired 12 months ago next Friday at 50. Ann got made redundant 6 weeks later. We bought our van with a bit of my pension cheque and her redundancy money. WE absolutely love it and if it wasn't for my Sciatica we would be away now most likely! To anyone considering it that can afford it, just do it!

I haven't missed work one bit. I have missed the people I worked with, but not the job itself. Which has surprised everyone because I did enjoy it.

I will now only take on work that allows me to go on the road when I like!

Never been happier either! :-D

same with me, had to retire at 47 due to ill health, missed the people but not the job.

i think those who say that they want to work until they are to old, either have brilliant job's (with a bit of power) or their home life is crap.

pete

Archived