bid on ebay

KD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We had a similar request when we were trying to sell our caravan on e.bay, cant remember exactly but the gist was very similar he also mentioned our bank account and mentioned something about somebody that owed him money in UK and would pay the money into account??? dodgy it sounds like another scam to me.

K&D - 2007-11-20 8:13 PM

Mel B - 2007-11-20 8:09 PM

K&D ... what's up with your avatar, I keep meaning to ask.

in what way

Well, it sort of looks like one of the images you get when you haven't got an image that will display properly, unless of course that's your image! 8-)

K&D - your avatar image properties are pointing to a file on your own computer. You need to upload the pic to the Out and about live server.

I think what you have probably done is entered the file address on your computer in the comtrol panel profile image field. You need to go to bottom of page and upload the URL. I think that is what you need to do! What I do know is your image is pointing to a file on your own computer so is not going to work for anyone but you.

Jon.

Earlier this year in Spain we met a bloke who bought his van unseen off E Bay! He even met the bloke on the motorway services to "take delivery". He asked him if the van was sound and had any faults, which of course the seller confirmed it hadn't. He then picked up his wife and embarked on a tour of Europe. When we met him the bed had collapsed, the inverter had blown and there was a "funny noise coming from the engine"!

There is one born every minute :-D

Brambles - 2007-11-21 7:53 PM

K&D - your avatar image properties are pointing to a file on your own computer. You need to upload the pic to the Out and about live server.

I think what you have probably done is entered the file address on your computer in the comtrol panel profile image field. You need to go to bottom of page and upload the URL. I think that is what you need to do! What I do know is your image is pointing to a file on your own computer so is not going to work for anyone but you.

Jon.

can you see it now

There! got myself an avatar. Lake Lipno in the Ceské Republica at one of the campsites we stayed on.

K&D.

In the control panel clear the two boxes for photo and image URLs.

Then at bottom of control panel page use upload profile image. Select browze and find the pic on your computer and select it by double clicking the file. It wil enter the file name and path into the box.

Then upload by clicking on 'Go'. When done it should enter he URL automatically in the profile image URL box in your main profile list above. (where you cleared the entries).

It should look something like this

/forums/profile/get-photo.asp?memberid=123&type=photo

The 123 number will be different.

Go to bottom of the profile section and click submit.

Hope this helps.

Jon.

Understandable to have mixed feelings - it will pass, but decision made, sold and has gone. Start looking forward to your caravan. You traitor to the cause you, you..... LOL just kidding.

Avatar still points to your computer. Very strange, you are clicking on GO aren't you to load it.

Brambles - 2007-11-23 4:21 PM

Ahhh! I think teh problem might be, only an educated guess, your picture file does not have an extension .jpg in it's file name so is not loading.

If I am right make sure you save with the extensiom .jpg, or edit the file name.

the strange this is the pic is fine on my screen

and i upload pics all the time as i have an ebay shop (?)

Archived