bid on ebay

KD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead

anyway the dealers that purchased the mh detected damp around most of the windows when inspecting it friday, nice chaps we got on well i believed what they were saying and knocked £500 of the price we had agreed. today he emailed me some pictures he had taken after stripping the panels down(just to reasure me he was genuine) and believe me the damp is horrendous and disgusts me that we were sleeping so close to it. i had never gave it too much thought as we purchased from a dealer and it was only just 4 years old.

im now put off buying a 2nd hand caravan and will be thinking of buying new just for that piece of mind, sorry if this worries any of you

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the damp. Agreed with what Mel B said above, but on checking Ebay listing it does say "VERY CLEAN AND TIDY NO FAULTS WORTHY OF MENTIONING THOUGH IT IS 4 YEARS OLD. " so now seems a bit of a grey area. Still think though it is buyer beware on Ebay, but then there has to be a certain trust of no serious faults.

What is the warranty on the Mortorhome as I would think repair should be covered by manufacturer, you do not expect damp at 4 years old.

Lets face it the chap also seems to have got a pretty good deal.

Jon.

Archived