skiing in January

ned

Off on the annual pilgrimage to the Aires on the slopes in France again! We kick the old Hymer into gear on the 3rd of January and head down to a new aire for us at Les Carroz just SWest of Les Gets. We might drift off south to Manigod, up above La Cluzas although there isn't an official Aire there and finish off at Les Saises above Notre dame De Bellacome. Coming back towards the end of Jan. Anyone going at this time be pleased to see you! Hymer B544 Sno5 PXU

Ned :-D :-D :-D

Hi Ned as you know we are on our way to. Spending 4 nights in pralognan, and then on the 2nd heading ot le Saises to hopefully find a spot and pump out me tunes of me generator. Might pop up to les gets but thinking might keep your advice and stick with a spot should we get it at Le Saises.

Look out for us

P44NGH :-D Like that just brought it.

Or simply look for some one coming down th eslopes on his but going head over heels, with two children showing him how its done. :$

Monday, 17 December 2007

Cold or What?

Minus 17C at the top of the Peclet Funitel over in Val Thorens this afternoon - truly a bit nippy, and far too cold to think about taking cameras out of pockets. Great skiing day despite the cold and some wild winds on the sumits - superb pistes and even the black dropping down in to VT was smooth with lovely grippy snow. Today's day must be dedicated to the person who invented hands free lift passes - you really didn't want to take your gloves off today...

posted by Toffa

Wrap up warm guys take plenty of Gas and above all enjoy ;-)

There is no key to the symbols, so I guess you'd have to wait until you could read the restriction notices at the aire.  However, since some of the aires have a full set of symbols, indicating water, electricity and parking + grey and black water dumps, it seems the "P" only ones are just parking areas, possibly near the foot a a ski-lift, that can be occupied by day, but probably do not accept overnight parking.

Hi Panagah

Our itinary will be: leave on the eurotunnel on the 3rd Jan. Move down to Les Carroz for the friday night then try out the area for 3-4 days. we may move to Les saises, depending on the weather, then reurn on the 19th of Jan. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Ned :-D :-D

Will do Kevin. Intend to do a bit of exploring whilst we are there. Have just been sent a couple of pics from Micheele.. Looks really nice where we are going and cant wait until tomorrow when we set off.

Must say again I have found your site very useful. so thanks again.

Archived