Computer tips and queries

J9withdogs

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am driving myself mad, don't like it when I can't work something out, so please help me I have tried various ways, but with this window vista don't seem to be able to make it do what I want, what I want is to be able to post pictures myself, now the only way I think I will manage it is to e mail them to myself which I know I have been told in the past and this will reduce them, but how do I get them out of my e mail folder when I am trying to attach a file after posting *-) when browse comes up how do I get the picture out of my emails. duuu Carol. :-S

If you click on the attachment that is your picture, it will open up in whatever photo software you use (picasa, photoshop etc)

Right click on the picture and save it somewhere where you can find it again easily.

Hope this helps - Joy is the new expert on putting pictures on. She's also found some photo-editing software somewhere on here. I'll have a look see if I can find it!

I'm sure I read a post from you with a link to a programme for reducing files that you had found in the Forum User Guide when you were helping someone else - or was it a dream?? *-)

I'm just looking at downloading GIMP to see if it will do picture reduction etc easily - and it's free.

J9withdogs - 2008-05-27 8:37 PM

I'm sure I read a post from you with a link to a programme for reducing files that you had found in the Forum User Guide when you were helping someone else - or was it a dream?? *-)

I'm just looking at downloading GIMP to see if it will do picture reduction etc easily - and it's free.

I remember there was once some advice on here to get your pics reduced in size by a site called "picresize.com" or some such name.

I tried it at the time and it worked.

Can't remember how long ago.

:-(

Hymer C 9. - 2008-01-28 2:54 PM

Rob part of it works but my message is coming up in the commas as well Carol.

Have you tried highlighting the paragraph till it turns blue -right click-copy-then paste into the box.

Yes. Tried both of those and nothing happens. :-(

The wheel just scrolls up and down the page. If I press control and use the wheel , nothing happens on the page but the line at the bottom of the page (the one with Discussions then little pictures, then Subscribe then Discussions not available on http etc) that moves about.

Joy

ROON - 2008-05-31 12:36 PM

wow thanks Liz. Can you now put that on my avatar or do I have to do something this end. I was getting a bit sea sick leaning forward all the time :-D Joy

:-D You are welcome Roon, I think you will have to do something your end to put on your avator ;-) :-D :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived