Computer tips and queries

J9withdogs

OK easier to follow instructions:

Go to the webpage you want to link to and copy the website address by highlighting it

(click at the end of the address in the browser bar at the top of your screen and drag the pointer across the address until it turns blue, then whilst still pointing at the address right-click on the mouse, click on 'copy')

Type this into the reply box on the forum:

[url =

Right click on the mouse and hit paste

{url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5wnQBli2c&feature=related}

Type in what you want the link to say ie Kenny Chesney (swoon)

Then finish off with a {/url}

and you get

Be careful not to put any spaces between the [brackets] but you can put what you like between the SETS of brackets and make sure you use [] brackets.

Make sense?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/inc/error/500.asp, line 0

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/forums/forums/thread-view.asp, line 0

what does this mean and then I get cup off and No HTTP 1.1500 and why has Liz now got no avatar just a box with a red cross on it and this is the thrd time I have tried to send this reply .... trying again.

Thankyou glad my picture is working ok.

Don't whether this helps Roon, but I had red x's a few days back, to get rid of them I went to Tools, then internet options delete temporary files.

The Refresh Page and restart and all was well, just a thought.

Liz

Is it possible to run out of memory?. The reason I ask is that while on another forum (rugby league) yesterday everything went blank and a message came up saying 'no more memory space' or something along those lines.

No problems since, but if this did happen is there a way round this such as a memory stick or deleting some of the programs that have accumulated over the years.

Howie, that happened to me the other night on this forum ... I posted about it somewhere and put the message up..... then I got a message something to do with 1.500 ...??? But the following morning everything was honky dorey. When the message did come up and I kept trying to log on, some of the people's avatars had gone missing too and there were just red crosses there.

Hello, good morning and welcome

I have a prob that is to do with memory, I think. In my travels to my customers I take lots of piccys of of their pets and at the end of the job I make a dvd with 40 ish pics and a bit of poetry and music.I do this on Movie Maker or Photo Story 3 and then record it to disc with Cyberlink Power Producer Gold and have had no probs, until recently when having loaded and set up copy and record on Cyberlink it gets to about 60% and freezes and seems to be out of memory.I used to be able to put 5 or 6 dvd,s through in one hit.Can anyone help please or does my puter need a doctor

Mick H.

Hi Mick, Don't know if the following helps. It is all gobbledegook to me but my friends, who is brill with computers but lives the other side of the country, said:

quote:

OK, with regards to your friends problems, something like this could be caused by several things.

1. Memory, how much do they have installed

2. Have they installed or upgraded their Operating system i.e. moved from Windows 2000 to XP or Vista or their Cyberlink, Movie maker or installed any new s/w

3. Have they done a scan disk

If they have not done 2 then I would not think it is memory related, if they have done 2 then they can either install additional memory or make sure that all other programs are closed and exited before they try running the Cyberlink program.

It could be 3 because they may have an area of their hard drive which is causing problems so I would suggest they do a defrag of the drive.

To defrag the hard rive they need to go to

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Defragmenter, Select their Hard drive letter, select Analyze

This will tell them if their Hard drive needs to be defragmented, if it does, they simply need to answer Yes/OK and let it run until it has finished, this should also tell them in any report if there is a problem with the hard drive.

If none of the above are the cause of the problem, then I would suggest they uninstall Cyberlink and re-install it.

To Uninstall Cyberlink they simply go to

Start, Control Panel, Add Remove Programs, select Cyberlink and then select Uninstall.

Once they have uninstalled it, then they should re-install from their original Cyberlink program disk..

It may be worth looking at what is happening when the program freezes by holding down CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and then selecting the Task Manager, if possible ask them to send you/me a screen print of the contents of the Task Manager, both the the Applications Tab window and the Processes Tab window. If their system is truly running out of memory you will see this shown in the Task Manager.

I hope the above helps them to isolate the actual cause of the problem – let me know.

Joy

Mick H

When he's asking:

2. Have they installed or upgraded their Operating system i.e. moved from Windows 2000 to XP or Vista or their Cyberlink, Movie maker or installed any new s/w

He means:

Is your PC the same as it was before when it worked okay? Have you changed the operating system, had it upgraded, had any new software or programmes installed, has anyone tinkered with it for you ... basically have you or anyone else done or changed ANYTHING on your computer that might have affected how it works?

One question I have though, is when you have created the CDs etc, do you delete all the files etc to do with each one so that they are not sitting around clogging up your hard drive? If not, then they will eventually fill up your hard drive and reduce the amount of space available for any new ones. So, if you do keep it, you need to delete it (copy it first if you need it to another form of storage media, ie removable storage card, external hard drive, CD etc (it might do it in smaller batches rather than in one go).

Once you have done any deleting necessary, I would suggest your first course of action should be to do a defrag (degragmentation) as that will clean out any 'junk' areas on your hard drive, and make it work more efficiently. A defrag is something it is good to do every now and then anyway, even if you are not having problems with your PC, as a simple example of what it does, imagine all your clothes at home scattered around your bedroom, it would make it difficult to find anything, but if you sorted out your clothes and put them away you could the find what you needed much easier and quicker, this is basically what a defrag does, tidies up your hard drive so that it can work more efficiently.

Archived