New Ford Transit problems

Jackal

Brian

I was thinking that the problem was more likely to be radiated heat from the heater ducting rather than a direct flow of air. However your comprehensive instructions on how to get to the offending area will be very useful. do you know how close the display pcb is to the heater ducting?

Don

Hi,

Ask Fords dealers is there a heat sink deflector plate fitted at the back of the panel.

Brian and Don have hit the nail on the head. Some of the connection blocks when overheated also cause some of your problems also. You can replicate this by using a hair-dryer.

This should be your problem let your dealer solve it for you. I think they know whats wrong.

You have some ammo now,

Regards,

Brendan.

We ve just ordered one will be with us mid June .Ours will have the 140 engine and a bursner nexxo on the back .Any other probs I should know about. These seem less than the new Fiat. Just hope ours get built on a Wednesday. Wife reading over my shoulder perhaps we should of kept our old boxer .So cheer me up tell me the good points of the new tranny.

Guest JudgeMental
tamworthkamper - 2008-03-04 12:02 AM

We ve just ordered one will be with us mid June .Ours will have the 140 engine and a bursner nexxo on the back .Any other probs I should know about. These seem less than the new Fiat. Just hope ours get built on a Wednesday. Wife reading over my shoulder perhaps we should of kept our old boxer .So cheer me up tell me the good points of the new tranny.

Don't worry its a great van! (1st gear problem aside) and I am sure you will be well pleased with it...

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for all those who have thoughtfully and generously contributed.

Took the Tranny to Ford at Trentham Lakes (Stoke) and after six days they've decided that the instrument cluster is at fault and replaced it with a new one.

As has been said though, I've got a sneaky suspicion that the problem is more of a design fault regarding heat deflection, rather than an actual fault with the initial component.

I'll let you know when I get the van back whether the new cluster makes any difference but doubt whether I'll bother taking it back if the fault should reappear. That is, until the design fault itself has been acknowledged and rectified.

For the record, this branch of Ford have been excellent despite being obviously overun with customer's problems.

Archived