Told you so.......

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2021-12-25 7:37 PM

>:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10343891/Polands-ruling-party-leader-says-Germany-trying-turn-EU-German-Fourth-Reich.html

And "THEY" should know :-| .........

And the top comment to that article?

Just a shame the EU can't protect us from Boris who's trying to become a dictator by overruling the courts and ignoring the law.

Absolutely spot on but of course Pelmet prefers to ignore that. :-|

But in regard to the linked article, what else do you expect from a far right populist leader of a party with archaic extreme views which wants to drag people back to life in the dark ages with anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, opposing same sex couples and marriage claiming, "the affirmation of homosexuality will lead to the downfall of civilization." More than two-thirds of LGBT people in Poland believe that prejudice against them has risen in the last five years.

As an atheist you'd be a social misfit and outcast straight away as Kaczynski expects everyone to recognize Christianity and questioning the Roman Catholic Church in Poland as unpatriotic.

The PiS party strongly promotes itself as a pro-family party and encourages married couples to have more children.....yet he's never married and has no children. So.......he's a hypocrite with no lead in his pencil.

It's always a good idea to research a little about the type of person whose ideology you're applauding......in short, read beyond the headline which appeals to you.

Guest pelmetman

Yep.......as expected ;-) ........

The forums Chimp in Chief takes poll position :D .......

No doubt his fellow Chimps will be along soon >:-) .......

Oooh oooh who would wanna be like you......LOSERS? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

You never learn do you? *-)

Once again you've shown your complete inability to make any form of counter points about the thread topic so revert to attacking the poster with derogatory childish comments. Truth be known you have no intention of entering into adult debate in Chatterbox as where your chums failed to get it shut down, you have been trying by trolling a certain poster, derailing threads you don't like, or being as disruptive as possible.

Your second post is precisely the type of inane rubbish which requires deletion from threads and hopefully moderation/admin will bear this point in mind going forward instead of removing entire threads which is counter productive.

Bulletguy - 2021-12-25 10:34 PM

...Your second post is precisely the type of inane rubbish which requires deletion from threads and hopefully moderation/admin will bear this point in mind going forward instead of removing entire threads which is counter productive.

It's certainly 'inane rubbish', but if I took on the task of deleting every Chatterbox posting that I believed fell into that category, I'd have to continually read the threads that appear on this forum and I'm not prepared to do that. The CHATTERBOX STANDARDS entry at the top of the Chatterbox homepage warns that the official policy includes thread removal and that approach should be a more effective deterrent than postings deletion.

As far as I'm concerned there's no rational place in the Out&About Live website framework for a forum dominated by a half-dozen people who pleasure themselves by hopping about on their left or right leg depending on their political inclination. It's like having a weird little experimental song-and-dance troupe performing in Westminster Abbey with the members of that group insisting that they have a perfect right to be there.

I'd like Chatterbox scrapped, so if the forum Administrators choose to remove every thread in future that Pelmetman posts to, that's fine by me.

Yes, we certainly told you so.

One year since Brexit started for real…

MOST VOTERS SAY BREXIT HAS GONE BADLY

More than six out of 10 voters believe Brexit has either gone badly or worse than they expected – a year after the UK left the EU, according to an anniversary poll for the Observer, writes Toby Helm for The Guardian.

The Opinium survey – coming a week after the minister in charge of Brexit, Lord Frost, resigned from Boris Johnson’s government – also found that 42% of people who voted Leave in 2016 had a negative view of how Brexit had turned out so far.

26% of Leave supporters said it had gone worse than they expected, while 16% of those who voted for Brexit said they had expected it to go badly and had been proved right.

Among people who voted Remain, 86% said it had gone badly or worse than they expected. Overall, just 14% of all voters said Brexit had gone better than expected.

Adam Drummond, of Opinium, said the most striking finding was that Leavers were now more hesitant about the virtues of Brexit than previously.

“For most of the Brexit process any time you’d ask a question that could be boiled down to ‘is Brexit good or bad?’ you’d have all of the Remainers saying ‘bad’ and all of the Leavers saying ‘good’ and these would cancel each other out,” he said.

“Now what we’re seeing is a significant minority of Leavers saying that things are going badly or at least worse than they expected. While 59% of Remain voters said, ‘I expected it to go badly and think it has’, only 17% of Leave voters said, ‘I expected it to go well and think it has’.

“Only 7% of Remainers think Brexit has gone better than expected versus 26% of Leavers saying it has gone worse than expected. So instead of two uniformly opposing blocs, the Remain bloc are still mostly united on Brexit being bad while the Leave bloc are a bit more split.”

The poll comes ahead of the introduction on 1 January of full customs checks on goods being exported from the EU to the UK, which business leaders believe could deter some smaller operators – such as food exporters – from supplying UK retailers as their costs and paperwork increase.

These will be followed by more checks on food imports from mid-summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/25/one-year-on-most-voters-say-brexit-has-gone-badly

"So Brexit was not supported by a majority of the electorate in the referendum. Leave went ahead on the say-so of a mere 37% of all those entitled to vote.

Now we’ve experienced a year of Brexit for real, over 60% of voters think it’s going badly according to the latest opinion poll.

Even 42% of those who voted for Brexit have a negative view about it.

The bottom line is that Brexit doesn’t have a democratic mandate – it never did.

Of course, Brexit should be reversed; going deeper down the rabbit hole of more Brexit is going to cause the country and its citizens more harm and offers no benefits.

The Tories are insanely wedded to Brexit; they won’t offer the country a route back to sanity.

But Labour? Why is Labour still clinging on to the idea that, in power, they can ‘Make Brexit Work’ when it’s obvious no Brexit can work?

In our archaic voting system of ‘first past the post’, only the Tories or Labour can be the government.

Britain is crying out for a way out of Brexit, that most voters believe is going badly.

Only Labour can offer that. It's time they did so. " Jon Danzig's Blog

Derek Uzzell - 2021-12-26 9:25 AM

the official policy includes thread removal and that approach should be a more effective deterrent than postings deletion.

It isn't though is it

Because every time he makes a fool of himself, he posts some 'inane rubbish' and thereby gets the whole thread deleted.

So one person can ruin the whole forum.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-26 11:05 AM

Of course, Brexit should be reversed;

But Johnson isn't going to do that because that would mean admitting he was wrong.

And The EU wouldn't want him back, or give him the deal we had, because nobody outside the UK believes or trusts him.

Our greatest ally the US won't even give him the same trade deal as the EU.

I see no way out of this until he has gone.

We just have to try and limit the damage as best we can until he has gone.

John52 - 2021-12-26 11:40 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-26 11:05 AM

Of course, Brexit should be reversed;

But Johnson isn't going to do that because that would mean admitting he was wrong.

And The EU wouldn't want him back, or give him the deal we had, because nobody outside the UK believes or trusts him.

Our greatest ally the US won't even give him the same trade deal as the EU.

I see no way out of this until he has gone.

We just have to try and limit the damage as best we can until he has gone.

There is a loverly poll in the Sunday Times which if accurate, predicts not only Johnson would lose his seat, so would Steve Baker, IDS, Andrea Jenkyns and Natalie Elphicke. etc etc

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/starmer-opens-up-eight-point-lead-as-partygate-takes-toll-on-tories-lzftkmw57

John52 - 2021-12-26 11:25 AM

the official policy includes thread removal and that approach should be a more effective deterrent than postings deletion.

It isn't though is it

Because every time he makes a fool of himself, he posts some 'inane rubbish' and thereby gets the whole thread deleted.

So one person can ruin the whole forum.

Not my problem... :-) ;-)

pelmetman - 2021-12-25 9:15 PM

Another gem of intellectual debate from Dave.

:-|

But still no list of Brexit benefits for the man in the street.

...Your second post is precisely the type of inane rubbish which requires deletion from threads and hopefully moderation/admin will bear this point in mind going forward instead of removing entire threads which is counter productive.

1) ...The CHATTERBOX STANDARDS entry at the top of the Chatterbox homepage warns that the official policy includes thread removal and that approach should be a more effective deterrent than postings deletion.

2) As far as I'm concerned there's no rational place in the Out&About Live website framework for a forum dominated by a half-dozen people....I'd like Chatterbox scrapped, so if the forum Administrators choose to remove every thread in future that Pelmetman posts to, that's fine by me.

1) It also states "removing posts that we consider to have broken our rules."

Removing entire threads for the sake of one offending post is wholly counter productive and leaves other participating fm's who have stuck to the rules, frustrated and let down by moderation/admin. It's punishing the innocent

2) That's not moderation though, thats your personal view.

Brian made the point excellently on another thread; Pleading for the abolition of an open forum because "the other side" has the better (or better expressed) arguments at a point in time is defeatism. It is tantamount to pleading that the right has no arguments, so the other lot should be silenced. The answer to that is to mount better argument, not to destroy the forum of debate.

It doesn't take much to see Chatterbox is second in popularity to Motorhome Matters and you know how much you dislike "chatterbox style" posts filtering into Motorhome Matters. After all, they are fm's of OAL.....not a sub-forum, so it seems Chatterbox not only serves a purpose, but also keeps those posts you don't like filtering into Motorhome Matters.

It's certainly 'inane rubbish', but if I took on the task of deleting every Chatterbox posting that I believed fell into that category, I'd have to continually read the threads that appear on this forum and I'm not prepared to do that. The CHATTERBOX STANDARDS entry at the top of the Chatterbox homepage warns that the official policy includes thread removal and that approach should be a more effective deterrent than postings deletion.

As far as I'm concerned there's no rational place in the Out&About Live website framework for a forum dominated by a half-dozen people who pleasure themselves by hopping about on their left or right leg depending on their political inclination. It's like having a weird little experimental song-and-dance troupe performing in Westminster Abbey with the members of that group insisting that they have a perfect right to be there.

I'd like Chatterbox scrapped, so if the forum Administrators choose to remove every thread in future that Pelmetman posts to, that's fine by me.

Why Derek just pick on Dave the only voice in the wilderness challenging the continual diatribe dished out by the anti and lefty contingent continually posting on chatterbox. He is the only one who has the stamina to challenge the crap that is continually posted on here by the idiotic four or more, the rest of us have given up and moved on. Hardly unbiased as a moderator is it!

teflon2 - 2021-12-26 4:26 PM

Dave the only voice in the wilderness challenging the continual diatribe dished out by the anti and lefty contingent continually posting on chatterbox. He is the only one who has the stamina to challenge the crap that is continually posted on here

This is the post we are commenting on

Does that sound like reasoned argument to you?

teflon2 - 2021-12-26 4:26 PM.......................................

Why Derek just pick on Dave ........................ He is the only one who has the stamina to challenge the crap that is continually posted on here by the idiotic four or more, the rest of us have given up and moved on.................................

To quote the great man himself - "just askin'", but can you quote a single instance of Dave "challenging the crap that is continually posted on here"? I'm not disputing that crap is continually posted, it's just that despite numerous requests and invitations I don't think I've ever read any of Dave's posts that could reasonably be described a "challenge" to anything.

So, what does Dave's post below actually challenge?

For the ease of reference, Dave's post was in response to this, from Paul:

Bulletguy - 2021-12-25 9:01 PM

But in regard to the linked article, what else do you expect from a far right populist leader of a party with archaic extreme views which wants to drag people back to life in the dark ages with anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, opposing same sex couples and marriage claiming, "the affirmation of homosexuality will lead to the downfall of civilization." More than two-thirds of LGBT people in Poland believe that prejudice against them has risen in the last five years.

As an atheist you'd be a social misfit and outcast straight away as Kaczynski expects everyone to recognize Christianity and questioning the Roman Catholic Church in Poland as unpatriotic.

The PiS party strongly promotes itself as a pro-family party and encourages married couples to have more children.....yet he's never married and has no children. So.......he's a hypocrite with no lead in his pencil.

It's always a good idea to research a little about the type of person whose ideology you're applauding......in short, read beyond the headline which appeals to you.

Now, that is a challenge. It is a counter-argument to the DM article that Dave linked to. It assumes that Dave linked to the article because he agrees with it. It provides the evidence as to why Paul disagrees with the DM's article. It provides some analysis. It presents an alternative point of view. To challenge that, one has to say which of Paul's points is/are suspect, and why, and present counter arguments.

So, where is Dave's challenge? What does he challenge? Dave doesn't even say what he disagrees with, or why he disagrees. He doesn't say what of Paul's post is factually incorrect, or where, or why, it is incorrect.

Instead, Dave just says "The forums Chimp in Chief takes poll (sic.) position :D .......No doubt his fellow Chimps will be along soon."

So, is that really what you consider a discussion? If so, democracy truly is dead! :-S

teflon2 - 2021-12-26 4:26 PM

Why Derek just pick on Dave the only voice in the wilderness challenging the continual diatribe dished out by the anti and lefty contingent continually posting on chatterbox. He is the only one who has the stamina to challenge the crap that is continually posted on here by the idiotic four or more, the rest of us have given up and moved on. Hardly unbiased as a moderator is it!

It should be plain from my comments that my distaste for the Chatterbox forum is not just based on Pelmetman’s postings, though his are definitely the strangest since BB was given an ASBO (Hurrah!) I’m not sure what having forum moderator privileges has to do with it - it’s a personal opinion and (as I’ve made clear) I’m not going to be moderating the Chatterbox forum in any case.

As teflon2 describes those who challenge Daves postings as the "anti and lefty contingent " and " the idiotic four or more " and doesn't challenge what any of them say, it's not really surprising that he would appear to be in Daves ' camp '

And, of course, Brexit is not really a difference between ' left ' and ' right ' - it's between leavers and remainers.

malc d - 2021-12-26 10:29 PM

Brexit is not really a difference between ' left ' and ' right ' - it's between leavers and remainers.

True.

And, as far as I can see, Johnnson is neither left or right, leaver or remainer.

He is only interested in himself. Trappings of power, people forced to suck up to him, Private Jets, Taxpayers cash to give to his mistress, and cronies who give him free holidays on private islands whilst Jeremy Corbyn was volunteering at a foodbank.

A 'moral vacuum' as Sir Humphrey Appleby would say.

Or as Lord Heseltine says' Boris Johnson looks which way the mob is running, and runs in front shouting 'follow me'

malc d - 2021-12-26 10:29 PM

As teflon2 describes those who challenge Daves postings as the "anti and lefty contingent " and " the idiotic four or more " and doesn't challenge what any of them say, it's not really surprising that he would appear to be in Daves ' camp '

Well they obviously can't find any advantage of Brexit

Can't admit they were folled into voting for it

So can only respond with personal attacks

and trolling posts to get the whole thread or even forum deleted, including everyone else's posts as the moderator can't be bothered to sort it and throws the baby out with the bathwater, and silence any debate.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-12-26 12:06 PM

A Intellectual debate with a closed LOSER mind??? 8-) ...........

Guffaw (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

BTW the man in the street has never had it so good......Wages rising faster than inflation and 1.2 million jobs to chose from B-)........

pelmetman - 2021-12-27 11:10 AM

Well, at least Dave has explained why there's no chance of him debating anything with anyone.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-12-27 12:24 PM

pelmetman - 2021-12-27 11:10 AM

Well, at least Dave has explained why there's no chance of him debating anything with anyone.

But to be fair you are one of those I had hoped might of survived Brexit with your marbles :-| .......

They're prolly still there Malc ;-) .......

All though you will prolly have to dig down the sofa to find them >:-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2021-12-27 9:07 AM

The O&AL moderators are volunteers.

Now that I've sold my motorhome I'm not going to moderate the O&AL forums - it's as simple as that.

Thanks for the heads up in the other thread Derek ;-) ......

Have to say l'll miss your subtle Remoaner bias moderating before you went full on LOSER :D .......

P1010899.JPG.23d7ca081577c60bed756e8ac8c0a59d.JPG

Archived