June 9 France to scrap quarantine for fully-vaccinated UK, US visitors

BruceM

laimeduck - 2021-06-04 6:22 PM

Don't forget you will each have to pay for a PCR Covid test on your return from an amber List Country, and the prices for these are reported to be between £150-300. So an extra £300-600.

France is currently Amber,

Talking to our neighbour who arrived in France from the UK a couple of weeks ago, they paid £80 each for their PCR test in the UK. PCR tests for tourists in France will be free of charge in the summer, as yet I have not managed to find out what date that starts but I would guess June 9th when the borders open again.

BruceM - 2021-06-04 4:34 PM

This may be of interest to those hoping to head abroad. I’ve yet to identify an authoritative source however it’s worth keeping an eye on.

It wasn't long ago we weren't welcome. Didn't take them long to start missing the money we spend over there. Isn't it so sad that they put money before lives

We had French tests in January when it was on the non essential list (to return to the UK) and the tests were free. I expect they still are. Anglo Saxon capitalism does suck in certain circumstances. Going to France, the French will accept and antigen test and I see an outfit near Gatwick offer this for £45.00

Hi

I had to come back on your reply to BruceM about the current regulations here in France.

You say that it was not long ago that you were not welcome. I suspect that you meant that France did not want the Kent variant over here?

Your innuendos that France puts money before lives is offensive, and completely untrue.

Maybe you should look closer to home as to money before loyalties,when your indeginous population sells their properties to the highest South of England buyer.

C'est la vie.

Archived