Love2Stay , first impressions

Adiebt

Expensive , child orientated , very modern facilities , no shop for essentials, showers could be warmer , v good gym , nice views , quiet ( weekday , no kids yet ! ) , feeling of style over substance , £4 for auto Elsen ( madly expensive) . May well mature nicely but their pricing structure needs tweaking .

Anyone else been ?

Keithl - 2019-04-02 11:56 AM

Sorry but who, what or where is 'Love2Stay'?

Can you provide a link for us uninitiated please.

Keith.

It's a CAMC affiliated site owned and operated by Salop Leisure and is situated next door to Salop Leisure on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.

Perhaps the touring page photograph sets the scene – it shows an Airstream caravan which are, I think some of the most expensive on the market.

In any case this site is not for us. But, as always each to his own

Cattwg :-D

Keithl - 2019-04-02 1:09 PM

Thanks for posting the link but have to agree with Deneb and Cattwg, our kind of hell so we won't be going anywhere near the place.

Keith.

TBH hell is a bit strong ! If its not your cup of tea fair enough , if your idea of hell is a large serviced pitch on a quiet site ( at this time of year) and a bus stop right outside the site to Shrewsbury centre , with lovely open views and friendly staff then so be it , i appreciate that some Motorhomers don’t like the company of others and prefer to pitch in a muddy field or car park ( whichever is free or the cheapest usually ) , off to Avonbank Meadows CL on Thursday. , will be like chalk and cheese .

On the plus side the staff here are really good , helpful and informative, other half has just visited the spa for some pampering.

Probably wont return ( we usually use the Morris site for Shrewsbury visits ) but its all about experimenting and experience .

Adiebt - 2019-04-02 11:47 AM

Expensive , child orientated , very modern facilities , no shop for essentials, showers could be warmer , v good gym , nice views , quiet ( weekday , no kids yet ! ) , feeling of style over substance , £4 for auto Elsen ( madly expensive) . May well mature nicely but their pricing structure needs tweaking .

Anyone else been ?

What’s an “auto Elsen” that’s madly expensive at £4?

I’m aware that Thetford has developed a toilet-cassette emptying/cleaning machine

https://www.lifesure.co.uk/blog/2015/04/a-cleaning-machine-to-make-caravanning-even-better/

and the price-per-usage in the 2015 article was quoted as €3.50 - is this what you were referring to?

Derek Uzzell - 2019-04-02 6:46 PM

Adiebt - 2019-04-02 11:47 AM

Anyone else been ?

What’s an “auto Elsen” that’s madly expensive at £4?

I’m aware that Thetford has developed a toilet-cassette emptying/cleaning machine

https://www.lifesure.co.uk/blog/2015/04/a-cleaning-machine-to-make-caravanning-even-better/

and the price-per-usage in the 2015 article was quoted as €3.50 - is this what you were referring to?

Yes but this isn’t a Thetford machine , same principle but £4 ! I could make a living outta standing outside elsan points around the UK n only charging £3.50 ! :-D

Adiebt - 2019-04-02 6:53 PM

Yes but this isn’t a Thetford machine , same principle but £4 ! I could make a living outta standing outside elsan points around the UK n only charging £3.50 ! :-D

The alternative to the Thetford machine is the “Camperclean” product, and I see that it’s one of these at the Love2Stay site.

http://camperclean.co

https://caravanindustryandparkoperator.co.uk/content/camperclean-CPES

It was your reference to “Elsen” that intrigued me.

Brock - 2019-04-03 11:09 AM

I was taught "Never underestimate what 'rich' people will pay for 'nice'. £4 isn't much nowadays. I can see an (up)market appeal for these devices but they won't suit everyone.

The one I used in Spain ( the one and only time I’ve ever used one ) it took debit cards and contactless , as far as I know the Brit ones are coin only , think they’ve missed a trick there.

For their toilet-cassette cleaning machine, Camperclean’s mid-2017 advertising brochure states the standard payment method is

“Payment by coin or metal token adjustable, price individually adjustable”

or (optionally)

"Alternative payment system with magnetic card or similar”.

This 2015 link relating to the Thetford equivalent system

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/news/2015/oct/club-thetford-join-forces-trial-revolutionary-new-cleaning-machine/

said

"While the machine is free of charge to use during its time at the Club’s Kingsbury Water Park Site, ordinarily it would require swiping a Thetford pre-pay card or contactless payment card.

In Holland, where the machine is being trialled on 10 campsites, the cost for a single use is currently 3.50 Euros. If the machine is rolled out across UK campsites, the cost of use would be determined by the findings of this trial, as well as feedback from UK campers including those at Kingsbury.”

Archived