"Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up."

In the front yard of a Funeral Home:

"Drive carefully. We'll wait."

RADIATOR SHOP:

"Best place in town to take a leak."

Sign on the back of yet another Septic Tank Truck:

"Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises

Dear Mrs Murray

While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty Card, I am considering banning you and your family from shopping with us, unless your husband modifies his behaviour.

Below is a list of offences over the past few months, all verified by our surveillance cameras:  

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to feminine products aisle.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in housewares.... and watched what happened.

5. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6. September 15: Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor gas stove.

7. September 23: When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry and asked, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'

8. November 10: While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the Housewares aisle asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.

9. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the Mission Impossible' theme.

10. December 6: In the kitchenware aisle, practised the 'Madonna look' using different size funnels.

11. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled 'PICK ME!' 'PICK ME!'

12. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal position and screamed 'NO! NO! It's those voices again  

And last, but not least:

13. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, 'There is no toilet paper in here.'

Yours sincerely

Charles Brown

Store Manager

As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus.

Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little, thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg. She tried to take the step, only to discover that she couldn't.

So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more, and for the second time attempted the step. Once again, much to her chagrin, she could not raise her leg.

With a little smile to the driver, she again reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to take the step.

About this time, a large Texan who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.

She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and yelled, 'How dare you touch my body! I don't even know who you are!'

The Texan smiled and drawled, 'Well, ma'am, normally AH would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times, AH kinda figured we was friends.'

Can I point out to the 'Chatters' that we have our own very funny comedian on this forum in the shape of the esteemed Derek Uzzell.

A couple of his recent witticisms:

Re 12v Hairdryers:

I'm still working on the gas-fuelled hair-drier that I mentioned years ago. This combines a powerful 12V fan with an adapted Campingaz stove. Development has been slow as testing can only be carried out infrequently when our cat's fur has grown back to a sufficient length.

Re: VW T4/T5

I've never studied an Ann Summers catalogue in detail, so it's useful to know it contains motorhome accessories. I did glance briefly through the index once and noticed there were sections on batteries and vibration (I'm pretty sure it was vibration), so it's bound to be useful to motorcaravanners as they are always seeking advice on forums about such things.

Classics :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Derek has got a really dry sense of humour. He gives lots of very usefull information to anyone who asks but ocasionally throws in a little gem to bring a smile to my face.

I doubt that he will see this because I don't think he strays onto Chatterbox very often.

John H - 2008-11-25 9:03 AM

I doubt that he will see this because I don't think he strays onto Chatterbox very often.

Shame - he would be a very useful voice of reason in here!!

I met him at Malvern this year and he is a really nice man. I don't think he knew what to make of me & Joy though - he declined our offer to be dragged back to our vans. :D :D

TO: Everyone

RE: Christmas Party

DATE: December 1

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue. No-host bar, but plenty of eggnog! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus!

===================================================

DATE: December 2

RE: Christmas Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. Happy now?

=====================================================

DATE: December 3

RE: Holiday Party

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody?

====================================================

DATE: December 7

What a diverse company we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating, drinking and intimacy during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party-the days are so short this time of year-or else package everything for take-home in little foil swans. Will that work? Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Did I miss anything?

====================================================

DATE: December 8

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do you expect me to do, a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess-worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate your shamanic drumming circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

Date: December 9

People, people, nothing sinister was intended by having our CEO dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be "Satan," there is no evil connotation to our own "little man in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar shock at Halloween or family feuds over the Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day. Could we lighten up?

DATE: December 10

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes...but you know, they have feelings, too. Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream, I'm hearing them scream right now!

======================================================

DATE: December 14

RE: Pat Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Pat Smith a speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the sanitarium. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay. Happy Whatever.

:D :D :D

The Government today announced it is changing its national symbol to a condom because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pr**ks and gives you a sense of security while you are actually being screwed.

1112697771_Newgovernmentsymbolcopy.jpg.f6e8dab62f8876c95ec26402584d6841.jpg

> Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the

> pearly gates.

>

> "In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said, "You must each

> possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."

>

> The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He

> flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.

>

> "You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said.

>

> The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys.

> He shook them and said, "They're bells."

>

> Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".

>

> The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and

> finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

>

> St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow a and asked, "And

> just what do those symbolize?"

>

>

> The man replied, "These are Carols."

>

> And So The Christmas Season

> Begins......

Archived