• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Jones - 2008-11-25 5:54 PM

OK Bob, just for you:

1 Kings ch.10 v.2 - watch those axle weights

and

Job ch.6 v.18 - get a good SatNav.

Some sound advice there for anyone with a heavy heart who's unsure about where life is leading them.

:-|

As we're "Johnny Foreigners" we as usual have to wait another week or few before the exhausted MMM carrier pidgeon finally flops onto our Spanish doormat with the mag strapped to his little backpack.

So for those of you back in Blighty who've already got it, anything interesting in the December edition?

Guest Tracker

Not really Bruce - just more of the same sort of van reviews (with no observations on reverse gear) - site reviews - other peoples travel experiences - and adverts - lots of adverts!

Not a bad issue - just a bit disappointing for a Christmas issue.

Guest Tracker
fred grant - 2008-12-01 4:49 PM

Tracker - 2008-11-30 7:47 PM

Sorry Fred - not even close - I don't look a bit like Lord Kitchener and I don't have a moustache neither!

No me ansum Tracker, i ment the fat bloke with the leef blower

fondantfred

Gotcha!

• 2 weeks later...

The Merc test by Miss Stothert is interesting, well for us anyway with us owning the same older van.

I find it staggering that the increase in price from ours, (about 27k new), to 46k results in, well, to me, not a lot really.

I mean, 19k extra for, a Merc, an awning, a pull down TV and one or two other bits & bobs. Oh and a '58 reg plate sorry..

Can it really be worth a 70% price hike in 5 years?

I'd like to add that I'm not one of these folk who think that their van cannot be improved on either, because I know it can and will have been, but 19k extra???

Martyn

LordThornber - 2008-12-16 9:14 AM

I find it staggering that the increase in price from ours, (about 27k new), to 46k results in, well, to me, not a lot really.

Martyn

Me too Martyn - I reeled in shock when I saw the price of this motorhome, and checking through the prices of others in the adverts only confirmed the impression that motorhome prices are getting/have got out of hand in many cases, and will presumably get even worse if the £-€ malarky carries on the way it seems to be doing.

I suppose that once you're on the treadmill and have a motorhome to part exchange then the 'cost to change' may soften the blow a little, but £45K-plus doesn't seem to buy you anything out of the ordinary any more.

Guest Tracker

And they are all getting closer to the ground with less clearance and longer wheelbases.

That may be fine for the annual trip down the motorway and two weeks on a club site type of user (and I am not knocking that kind of use I hasten to add) but not a lot of good for those of us wh like to wander and end up in unexpected places often with bumpy ground to cover.

Hear, hear!  And you don't have to indulge in wild camping to need sensible ground clearances.  Just parking at a supermarket, with the rear overhanging the landscaping, is enough to threaten the grey waste drain on many.  Many motorway mimsers must do that as well as, well, just motorway mimsing.  :-)

Archived