Can stinginess become an illness?

RupertGS

Rupert

I am breaking my vow and adding to this thread to express my condolences at your loss. Death is a fact of life, but that does not mean that it is a nice experience and I am glad that your father had a good life.

Best wishes ......... Michael

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracker

Rupert - we too are saddened by your loss and we send our sincere condolences.

All joking aside - and that is all the banter ever is on here - our thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

With very best wishes,

Rich & Dot

Rupert -

I was saddened to hear of your loss.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

From what you mentioned, it sounds as though your Dad lived a good, a full and a positive life; those are the wonderful memories for you to keep.

Rupert

No words will express how sad I am for you at your losing your father, it is never easy to lose anyone, unfortunately this time of year seems to be when more loved ones depart.

I am truly sorry for your loss and wish you great strength for the days and weeks ahead to help you cope.

Mel B

• 3 weeks later...
RupertGS - 2009-01-05 9:32 PM

You can save yourself the cost of one of those personal phone books as well, the ones where you write in all your friends' phone numbers.

Use last year's BT telephone directory and simply cross out the names of anyone that you don't know.

Rupert why it should surprise me I don't know but for you not to even acknowledge the threads above these offering support and condolences, it does surprise and sadden me. I don't expect much but just a simple acknowledgement.Or am I missing something and being very naive. Carol.

Hymer C 9. - 2009-01-05 11:05 PM

You can save yourself the cost of one of those personal phone books as well, the ones where you write in all your friends' phone numbers.

Use last year's BT telephone directory and simply cross out the names of anyone that you don't know.

Rupert why it should surprise me I don't know but for you not to even acknowledge the threads above these offering support and condolences, it does surprise and sadden me. I don't expect much but just a simple acknowledgement. Or am I missing something and being very naive. Carol.

I hadn't even seen most of them! I didn't visit this site for over a week as I'd a lot on and by this time this thread had moved right down the page and I didn't revisit it. As you will see, until omidknight resurrected it, the last post was December 15th.

Most of the people who I see commented above sent me PMs and I tried to reply to everyone although I may have missed the odd one as I was very busy with arrangements and it being Christmas etc.

There was no intentional stub here and it goes without saying that I appreciate the various comments.

Rupert why it should surprise me I don't know but for you not to even acknowledge the threads above these offering support and condolences, it does surprise and sadden me. I don't expect much but just a simple acknowledgement.Or am I missing something and being very naive. Carol.
Carol,On this thread Rupert was coming in for quite a bit of stick, I would like Rupert to note that I was the first one to call for an end to this thread.I sent in a post on the 15th of December which I quote;I think in the light of Ruperts sad loss, this would be an appropriate end to this thread, apart from anymore condolences; like you I was surprised by the lack of acknowledgement.

RupertGS - 2009-01-06 8:21 AM

Rupert why it should surprise me I don't know but for you not to even acknowledge the threads above these offering support and condolences, it does surprise and sadden me. I don't expect much but just a simple acknowledgement. Or am I missing something and being very naive. Carol.

I hadn't even seen most of them! I didn't visit this site for over a week as I'd a lot on and by this time this thread had moved right down the page and I didn't revisit it. As you will see, until omidknight resurrected it, the last post was December 15th.

Most of the people who I see commented above sent me PMs and I tried to reply to everyone although I may have missed the odd one as I was very busy with arrangements and it being Christmas etc.

There was no intentional stub here and it goes without saying that I appreciate the various comments.

I must have been the one odd one who got missed then.

Guest Tracker
BGD - 2009-01-06 10:31 AM

I must have been the one odd one who got missed then.

'You've missed me - am I too late?'

'Nah - jump up on the cart'.

As Lonnie Donegan might have said about the odd one that got missed!

Back to the post about picking pennies up: I always put my daughter to shame because I DO pick them up and put them in a lucky penny jar. With this money I buy a lottery ticket ... but so far no luck!

However, has anyone noticed that over the last weeks there are not as many around!!!!? The credit crunch really has hit home.

Last night on TV it said that all the lost pennies add up to over six million pounds...... Get searching :-D

Archived