American RV's

Guest Pol Emique

"New" evidence aircraft deleting the ozone layer is not new.Could it be that you have just reached this page in the Greenpeace handbook and realise that it applies in this argument.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gavin/pol
I just happened on some new figures (to me) stating that air travel now takes the edge on other forms of transport in carbon dioxide production. I thought I'd take it on board. I havn't got a Greenpeace handbook but I'll try and get hold of one. What have you got against Greenpeace anyway?

Nothing against Greenpeace, just a general dislike of people who preach and do not accept what others say, until it suits them to change their own arguement, they are normally called politicians in this country.

Guest Pol /Gavin
That profession has tempted me at times. If I do one day place my candidature, I'll remember not to count on your vote, or Neal's, or Pat's,or Brian's. Is there no-one out there who agrees with me? I'm severely tempted to relaunch the discussion on the Greenpeace Forum where I'm more likely to bask in the reflection of a small glow of human warmth once more! Georgina: RV's HibeRVate in winter.

Guest T.Smith
I agree with some of Pol/Gavin's points but I also like airstreams. Congratulations on arriving up to this point without calling each other nazis though. In my experience of forums this usually happens after several heated exchages.

That complicates the issue somewhat. I'd say you're on slightly dodgy ground because it was the fascists that built the first european motorways and, as pol has pointed out I think, large motorhomes tend to use them a lot, so, 'moving towards fascism' is not, in itself , bad news for large motorhomes. But I've had enough controversy on this forum with the 'Tour de France', so I'll be sticking to comments on Ducato horns, correct air pressures and the like from now on.

I think we are all gentlemen though. There was NO WAY I was goiung to get embroiled on the "Tour" or even the one on animal basic instincts. My feelings might get ahead of me on "Tour" and the second was not a suitable topic for this forum - in my estimation. Are we after the ton then?

The counter is optimistic, or the arithmetical answer is it ran out of fingers. Of courseit could be that two postings were taken out because they mentioned a certain dealer's name. Good luck Docted

I suppose we should be grateful that the whole posting wasn't removed then! But then again, maybe you lot would have to "get a life" instead of ranting on here!!! Only kidding, I'm just trying to keep it going to 100!!! Why are they called RV's anyway, apart from the obvious, they are vehicles, yes, but recreational - in my mind that usually means 'doing something' - not just sitting on a campsite most of the time! As they are really a smaller version of the owner's homes, RV doesn't really do them justice - perhaps they should be renamed ... suggestions on a post card to Pol!

Big horse there are 2 postings number 17 and two postings number 18. The total is thus correct. So this one makes 90! We couldn,t get anything bigger than a 27 feet long X 8 feet wide MH in some of our favourite haunts in France anyway. (That was the size of our previous coach built. Bedford Duple Vista DIY conversion.) 5.6 litre (330 cubic inch) 6 cylinder and 90 BHP. No turbo, No catalist and no speeding. But most importantly no power steering! Ran it for 8 years though. Lots of QDOS.

Ranting further, that answers why double posting numbers. Both Mel and I were replying at the same time, so we are both numbered 88. Strange!

Mel definitely not you that is strange. A fan of the great Wickersham, nothing like strangeness there. And they are called Recreational Vehicles because to call them procreational would lead to a different set of letters not being used. Docted

Guest Brian Ramsden
Who is going to get the QDOS for the 100th posting then? Should be me, 'cause I only run an 18' 6" 'van. although I have to admit to it being a diesel.

No, I win the QDOS, not only is our MH 25 feet long with two motorbikes, its also Diesel and we have a SUV as well (Thats 4X4 in old money). That should put me well in truly in the running with Pol!

Just a cotton-picking minute, 'old yer 'orses. I run a 30' RV that's also diesel (6.5 litres, if you please!), two motorbikes, old 'uns so not too ecologically sound, and two cars (one's the wifes but I have to pay for it!) which are both autos so use more fuel!! Ahem, step aside boys, I think the "100" is mine!! Regards Neal

Archived