AUTOTRAIL AVICE

Manu

Hi all...can anyone out there tell me what the big square switch is for just inside the habitation door on the Dakota please. It has a tiny green light in the middle when switched on,also which is the outside light switch ?? Silly question i know...but no manual (is there one) and dealer (DISCOVER CANNOCK) has run away .Vehicle is Merc Autotrail Dkota 2005. STILL...got my AA warranty for 2 years HA HA,is the warranty really worth a penny ??? Phil

Hi Phil,

I can't help you with the big square switch as our cheyenne doesn't have one but the switch for your awning light is the button marked 'AUX' on your control panel beneath and to the right of the main 'ON/OFF' switch. I checked this with the guys from Sargent at the AT Factory open day and they confirmed it only operates the awning light. The handbook doesn't say anything about the 'AUX' button or awning lght.

PS Don't leave it turned on all day or it discolours the plastic as ours has been by a previous owner!

Hope this helps answer one question,

keith.

Hi Manu

I asked this same question few days ago on our newly bought 2005 Chieftain, i got a kind reply from a Mohican owner who says it works his light in the outside locker to be honest i havent checked as yet, we got the Garage model and the strip lights inside there we have used but not by touching this switch you mention.

It could well be for something that needs to remind you to switch it off as the green light is warning you its on, we had a simular switch which was orange for the fan on our fridge/ freezer in a kontiki.

We will get there eventually.

I have sent Woody a PM but not had a reply as yet he has a Chieftain i believe.

Hi Im the Mohican owner

When i bought my vehicle i couldnt work out what this big switch did but i must have left it on one night and saw a dull glow from the side lockers.

Investigation showed two lights one each side of the bottom locker like the old car interior lights.

I have now run lights into all the lockers off this circuit so with a flick of the switch im not in the dark trying to find the bits and pieces in the dark anymore.

A great idea from auto Trail.

Archived