Electric step mat ????

Manu

Manu - 2009-11-06 3:19 PM

Where oh where can i purchase one of those green step mats , you all seem to have that fasten around the electric step. Fed up of being nagged by er indoors , done a search but can't locate one maybe its me.

Hi Manu,

Do you mean one of these from Fiamma!

Try asking your local Fiamma stockist.

Keith.

Also try using a Turtle Mat inside the door, this will remove any remaining water and mud from your shoes. They may seem expensive but really are worth it. Watch out for imitations as we haven't yet found any other make that is as good.

Keith.

Oh yes, and you can cut them to size with kitchen scissors!

Just one word of warning, a mat capable of holding moisture on top of the aluminium step will cause much quicker oxidation of the aluminium. If you have ever removed a mat that has been in place for a year or so you will find lots of white powder. Aluminium oxide. This is the reason I have not done as "er indoors" has asked in this respect.

C.

Manu

Is it because it's slippery, or because you want to wipe your feet on it?

If the former, you could use some tape with a 'rough' surface and put that on the step - I've seen it for sale but can't remember where!

If the latter, then the type of mat Keithl is referring to is ideal, we have a few of these and they really do 'suck' the dirt and moisture from the soles of your shoes as you go in, a quick rub and they're dry. They can be machine washed (don't use conditioner!) and last for ages, we've had one for donkey's years and it's still going strong. There are a lot of imitations out there so make sure you get a proper one, there may be other makes but you need to make sure that the tufts are cotton as man-made fibres just don't work. Also, don't get the ones without the rubber edge showing as they tend to curl up.

Those with the cassette type step are best to use the non slip self adhesive pads from ships chandlers as the wrap round ones wont allow step to go in, I have used both types as a non slip surface for my dogs as my last and present dog didn't like the slippery ally, had no corrosion or any other problems.

The electric step on my m/home was too low so my husband fitted a piece of duck-boarding to it. This could become slippy at times and did not look particularly good so I fitted a Fiamma mat around it. This works perfectly and almost seems self-cleaning - no problems at all.

Archived