Fault with Fridge Freezer

forest-gump

Apparently only after noticing an article in a magazine we have one of the models of fridge/freezers that have a potential fault when used using the gas supply and we need to take it to a designated dealer to get fixed.

We are not having that much luck.

Has anybody heard about this fault?

Does anybody know anybody in or around the Bristol area that could help, or know the name of a company or person who could help?

Many thanks.

Eliza - Forest's Wife.

I saw the notice in the Caravan Club magazine, contacted Dometic via e-mail and they put me in contact with their local service agent. I'm taking the van into Carlisle tomorrow, apparently the job only takes 10 minutes. The down side is that you have to carry the expense of taking the van to the agent as Dometic will not pay for an engineer to come out.

When we were still caravanning we received a recall letter in 2008/9 asking us to check the serial number of our Dometic fridge and contact Dometic if it was one of the numbers on their list.

Ours was in the range of numbers provided and we had to take the caravan to our dealer, who did a free fix for us.

From memory, it was a screw that was able to work free and cause some risk.

I've looked and failed to find the recall letter, which I probably left in the information pack to show the new owner that the work had been done.

Archived