Autotrail Catch Fitting

bromleyxphil

I obtained mine from Auto-Trail although the first set they sent was incorrect for the model and had to be returned. They have a new spares manager now who is not so helpful, clued-up or polite as the previous one. Incidentally they cost me over £20 for 4 so you might find them cheaper elsewhere.

Keithl - 2010-12-31 6:36 PM

Phil,

Try CAK Tanks, they are on catalogue page 93, Item DCT1004 and are £2.25 each. I've had to replace 2 or 3 on the locker doors on our AT.

Keith.

Gosh, I wish I had thought of looking there although not totally sure if they would have fitted as my m/home is older than yours.

Thank you for the offer Keith but I hope that the second consignment fit - just waiting for my super son-in-law to do the job! Have to say that I have had some nasty bangs on the head from locker doors falling and even worse on my nose! However, I hope I remember to look in their catalogue next time something else goes - I seem to lose bit every time I go on the road this year.

Hi Ian,

Probably far larger than will fit through the hole in the catch. This was certainly the case with all I have replaced.

To make any future replacement easier I have re-fitted the catches on our MH with 'Riv-Nuts' and M4 or M5 screws (can't remember which offhand) so I can simply unscrew and replace if they break again. You will need a setting tool a bit like a pop-rivet gun to set Riv-Nuts but once fitted you will never have to drill them out again. Have a look on Google for suitable tools and Riv-Nuts.

And don't forget to seal the catch to the bodywork so that water cannot get in through the screw hole.

HTH,

Keith.

• 1 year later...

Archived